View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Oh poor Leon. I know just how you feel. Was tackling Percy's problems then just when things seem to be on the up he got chased by a large dog and start again. However, what I have noticed is that they get back into the stride of things a lot quicker than starting from scratch so there is hope. Give him a hug from me.
Becky
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Awe poor you Leon, and you were getting so brave as well.
I know how you feel a big yorkie looked at me at Welks at the weekend and growled, I weed all over mummys feet
Hope it hasnt put you off too.
Spencer xxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Oh poor Leon. I know just how you feel. Was tackling Percy's problems then just when things seem to be on the up he got chased by a large dog and start again. However, what I have noticed is that they get back into the stride of things a lot quicker than starting from scratch so there is hope. Give him a hug from me.
Becky
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Awe poor you Leon, and you were getting so brave as well.
I know how you feel a big yorkie looked at me at Welks at the weekend and growled, I weed all over mummys feet
Hope it hasnt put you off too.
Spencer xxxx
Thanks Becky, Jacquie and Spencer xx

Unfortunately we turned the corner on our walk this morning and came face to face with two PMD, one is only a pup and almost as tall as his owner. Ordinarily Leon just totally ignores them whilst we chat but he went beserk this morning..his hackles went up, his tail went up into the air and he really growled. I explained what had happened but, obviously, she didn't want to hang around as her dogs seemed really scared. We didn't meet any other dogs but he wouldn't continue up the lane again so we turned around and went to the park. I can only assume because its more open there he feels more comfortable...strange because thats where the attack happened
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Poor Leon, I hope he feels better soon, just keep taking him out and acting normal Sheree, I hope he ok and I know how you feel. x
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Poor leon hope he feels better soon xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Poor Leon, I hope he feels better soon, just keep taking him out and acting normal Sheree, I hope he ok and I know how you feel. x
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Poor leon hope he feels better soon xx
Thanks so much ladies..we have just been out for our lunchtime stroll and I took him to the duck pond...no other doggies about and he seemed very relaxed, bless him. I am going to persevere as he seems clever enough to learn, its just very frustrating and I feel so sorry for him as I hate to see him scared. xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:30 PM
So sorry to hear this - with Leon's past fear it is not what you needed.

Funny enough Max wasn't worried about dogs after his attack 3 years ago but people - I was but he wasn't bothered.

I remember when it happened I was in too much shock to really speak to the other owner and it wasn't til later that I saw just how much damage the other dog had done so can understand you just wanting to leave but a word in her ear wouldn't go amiss.

Just keep taking him out and try not to worry as you said he will pick up on it - easy to say.

Hope he will be back on track and happy again soon Sheree.

Rach
x
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:40 PM
oh no, poor Leon - what an inconsiderate idiot! not only to you and Leon but to her young children as well who could easily be harmed.

give him a big squeeze from us x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
So sorry to hear this - with Leon's past fear it is not what you needed.

Funny enough Max wasn't worried about dogs after his attack 3 years ago but people - I was but he wasn't bothered.

I remember when it happened I was in too much shock to really speak to the other owner and it wasn't til later that I saw just how much damage the other dog had done so can understand you just wanting to leave but a word in her ear wouldn't go amiss.

Just keep taking him out and try not to worry as you said he will pick up on it - easy to say.

Hope he will be back on track and happy again soon Sheree.

Rach
x
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
oh no, poor Leon - what an inconsiderate idiot! not only to you and Leon but to her young children as well who could easily be harmed.

give him a big squeeze from us x
Thanks very much ladies...he's currently upside down in his bed, snoring his head off so I think he's quite relaxed, and he still wants to go out for his walks so I'm thinking positive today xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3