Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:09 AM

Hiccups?

Sometimes when he wolfs his food down too fast or gets a bit cold, Archie gets the hiccups

This morning after I took his out for his early wee, he got the hiccups quite badly and started crying poor baby . I just sat him down on my lap before putting him back to bed and comforted him until they went away.

Is this normal? Does anyone else's dog get the hiccups and get upset by it?

I must be driving u all crazy, I'm a worried mum
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Hiya

When Luna was a puppy, she also got the hiccups. I think its pretty normal
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Jeanette, thanks for the reply

Did Luna get upset by it?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by tuti
Sometimes when he wolfs his food down too fast or gets a bit cold, Archie gets the hiccups
This morning after I took his out for his early wee, he got the hiccups quite badly and started crying poor baby . I just sat him down on my lap before putting him back to bed and comforted him until they went away.
Is this normal? Does anyone else's dog get the hiccups and get upset by it? I must be driving u all crazy, I'm a worried mum
Hi Tuti don't worry puppies and dogs gett hiccups sometimes...and unless it seems to happen a lot it should be fine Have you got some puppy milk? You may like to try giving Archie a little drop of warm milk when he gets them which should help, and no you won't drive us crazy. If you think they are happening a lot ask the vet about it when you take Archie for his vaccs.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't worry just yet, in my experience all puppies get hiccups, sometimes a lot . They can get them quite a lot even when they haven't been eating - it's just a puppy thing and they grow out of it. If an episode carries on far longer than it would in a human, get him checked out.

Becs
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2005, 10:43 AM
As a puppy my boy always had hiccups in the morning. It can worry you as the whole of their little bodies jump! But it is normal and he will grow out of it. I am no expert in canine hiccups but it seemed to me to be related to an empty tummy so Mini's suggestion of a drop of milk seems to be logical.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:58 AM
mollie used to hiccup after every meal when she was little...doesn't do it now though....
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:02 AM
yeh indie used to get hiccups allll the time! at least once a day at some points, sometimes she wud sit there whining too
its perfectly normal and he will probably grow out of it in time.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys

I've relaxed now, it's so reassuring to be able to ask all of you these little things, I'm glad I found this forum
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:23 PM
aw max used to get the hiccups it was so sweet he doesnt do it anymore
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >