Our sister sites
freya08
New Member!
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:34 AM

Gorgeous Akita x border collie

Hi
Im new here and iam looking for a home for my Akita x

Our 2 year old daughter has been in and out of hospital since birth and in march the doctors found out that a cause of alot of her problems is that she has a severe allergy to dogs as you can understand we are devastated! we have 2 dogs but we want to rehome them one at a time to see if she could tolerate 1 dog in the house if not then he will have to go too

Anyway her name is Fizz she is an Akita x Border collie we rescued her from a lady down the road from us who was treating her badly and she no longer wanted her anymore so i took her in. She was 4 months old when we got her and she has just had her 5th birthday.
She has been spayed and is due for her booster very soon..she is well trained( iam a junior trainer at a local dog club with 7 years exp) she does all basic commands and more plus heelwork to music she has also been in a few obedience shows..a couple of things is that i want her to go to someone who has knowledge about the Akita breed as this type of dog is very aloof and can be unpredictable.
She lives with our male dog fine and our cat..we also have 2 children who she loves but likes her own time..she prefers adults to children.
The only things about her which we are working on is she doesnt seem to like other dogs, she gets on well with ours and she is great with her brother but thats it...we keep her on a long line when out at the park and she does show some agression still..you can let her off with a muzzle on but she headbutts other dogs so long line is the best idea...me and the other trainers have been working on this since i got her with no luck so far so bear this in mind and that she might have to go to a person who has no dogs.

Where for the last month we have been keeping the dogs outside and letting them in when we go out and they come in when my daughter goes to bed but they are having to be kept just in the kitchen and no where else in the house
because of this Fizz has taken to digging a few holes in the garden..i try to be there with them as much as possible..but she does get bored easily, iam sure she wouldnt do this in a new home its just because she is left outside
We have contacted a few akita rescues and they are currently looking for homes for her too.

anyway..we live in hampshire near portsmouth and would love to find her a nice new home who understands her
Here is a quick picture of her: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DCP_5553.jpg

xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 11:14 AM
She is lovely.I really hope you manga to rehome her and that your daughter is ablke to tolerate the remaining dog. Such a sad situation to be in.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:31 PM
She's beautiful. You must be devastated.... *hugs* x
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:41 PM
oh no i hope that you find her a goodhome & that your baby feels better soon *hUgs*
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:45 PM
What an awful situation to be in , She is a real sweatheart good lck in finding her a new home ,hugs hun at this difficult time xxdk
freya08
New Member!
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies..this is a terrible time for us..but hopeully we can find the right home for her.

some more pics:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DCP_5527.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DCP_5530.jpg

xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 07:30 PM
its very sad situation , wiccaweys are bordercollie rescue (brilliant one ) you might try there for advice ,if they cant help with rehomeing her ,they have cross as well ,have fast experience , she is lovely ,you can see the akita ,but there is a lot of collie as well . good luck hope your daughters health ,is much better soon .
freya08
New Member!
Female 

19-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi yeah i didnt want to try collie rescues as personality wise she is an akita through and through and does not have any typical collie traits.

xx