View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

22-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Don't worry Christine, I was fast asleep at the time, planned c-section as Paige our No. 3 was born by emergency c-section just 2 years before. So no medals here, but thanks for the offer.....lol.
Have an honorary then
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
Ok so

*Why does working with horses mean you need every 5 yrs*..*Don't know! Rather of not had it. I hate needles. I was told that a few years ago...*

*Now the flu jab, my nurse doesn't ask if I want it, she just does it as soon as I walk in her office....*

*Ahhhh wll...guess I'd better get it done then.Haven't had one for as long as I acn remember...*

*Even though i'd had my booster i had to have one the other week...*

Even when you are told that if you have had 5vax in your lifetime you have immunity for life, you still go ahead & let them give you more

Surely it MUST be better to find out if the risk outweighs the benefits
Its your body, vaccines DO carry a risk, at the very least you owe it to yourself if you actually need them

Don't know........don't care now! I only teach at the stables every other sunday! I like my office job!!!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 05:45 PM
For anyone whose not sure what they've had -your records at the doctors will tell you -whichever doc you are with will hold your notes since birth and any jabs you've had at any hospitals will/should have been added
As for the flu jab..anyone on the diabetic register or with Asthma or COPD or has compromised immunity should have it yearly
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

22-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
As for the flu jab..anyone on the diabetic register or with Asthma or COPD or has compromised immunity should have it yearly
Hmmm, C/C`s nurse has already told her she doesn`t need any more, she has immunity for life so how can you say that M?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Because the flu virus is conststantly mutating and this years jab will not protect you against next years strain -Every time a new strain hits , it takes about 5 months to formulate the vaccine-so in reality we are always playing 'catch up' with it
Looking back through the thread I think CC is refering to the tetanus vaccine when she says she's covered for life
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes sorry if we're getting a bit confused here, it's the tetanus I don't need any more, but I still have the flu jab every year.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5