Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Great news. Hope it continues!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Aww glad Snorri-dog is fine and the results of the test were okay. He's a lovely lad and your pride and joy so its great news

Hope the weather isn't too cold at the moment in the Snorri Isles
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 02:04 PM
oh thats great news bet you are so pleased
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
He has been on the human version (Phenobarbitone) since the end of 2001, and has had only one fit in all that time - when, with vet agreement, we tried to wean him off the stuff - we'd met an epileptic brother who had "grown out of it" (it is possible, occasionally). A week after coming off the pheno, he had a fit at 4 a.m., so he started taking it again, but only at half the dosage. He has been A1 ever since - lively, alert, noisy and fast (just as he ought to be!?). The Epiphen is exactly the same drug, just the "licenced version", but twice the dose. I've bought a pill-cutter to split them (much easier than trying to cut the tiny pills with a razor blade - and safer for my fingers!). It's all a bit of a hassle, but worth it to know the wee boy is going to be OK!

Once you've seen your dog have a fit, you never forget it - it's horrible to watch!

Snorri
My Mum and sister saw Duke have a fit when he was younger and said exactly the same thing (i'm glad i missed it)
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart B
My Mum and sister saw Duke have a fit when he was younger and said exactly the same thing (i'm glad i missed it)
The first time I saw Snorri-dog have one, I thought he was dying - even after the worst had passed, I thought he WAS dead! I may be used to it now , but I still don't want to see it again!

The thing I have to remember now is that the absence of fits does NOT mean that he's cured - there IS no cure at present: his medication is for life, which is why I'm glad the tests have shown that the meds are not doing him any damage (which is always a possibility when the med use is long-term).

Also, we know now that if things go awry and he starts fitting again, we have leeway to get his dosage increased enough to stop it. I don't want this to happen,because increasing the dosage may help the fits, but increase the assault on his vitals. What one hand gives, the other takes.........

Snorri
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 03:53 PM
That is great news!!!
Glad Snorri-dog is doing well!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Great news, glad he's ok
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2005, 04:43 AM
So pleased that the tests put your mind at rest and that your boy is so well...My boy has to take strong medication for life and I give him Milk Thistle to support his liver...
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 03:18 AM
So glad that all is a bit better now Snori
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2