View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 05:36 PM

Benji at the vets again tomorrow! (acute allergy / scratching ears)

Made an appointment for him because he is scratching his ears like crazy and is making a right mess of them I put one of those buster collars on him when he goes to bed (he doesn't seem to mind either ) to stop him scratching all night because he got up a few times in the morning and the left side of his face was covered in blood He will probably just give him some steroids again because there isn't much they can do but it will give him (and us) some relief for a couple of weeks at least
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Aww poor Benji

Hope it goes well at the vets tomorrow
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Poor little soldier. Hope the vet can ease it somewhat
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Ouch, oh it must be so painful for him, poor Benji I do hope he gets it sorted soon, wonder if it is ear-mites or canker?

Best wishes and good luck for tomorrow, please let us know how he gets on.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that Foxy. Sounds like he really made a mess of himself this time. I've got the same here again with George. In fact, he's just gnawed at his leg quite badly so I put some of the antibacterial powder on it, and if he carries on at it,I will have to resort to the Fuc*derm cream as I've got a jumbo supply in. I spoke to my vet just before Christmas to ask if I could carry on giving him one of the tabs (prednisolone) every other day as it had been a week he had been on them, and his reply was I had to leave him completely free for 2 weeks and then take him in to start again. Don't see the point in that though, coz I already have about 100 pills left"!??? I know I shouldn't shout at him when he's doing it, but I couldn't help myself, it must be driving him mad just like your Benji too, as well as driving us mad! Good luck with the vets, I don't know what to suggest as you've already had it all with Benji just like I have with poor George. Funny time of year though, especially with this severe weather which would kill off anything that might be aggravating them isn't it. Maybe it's down to extra titbits he might have had over Christmas and it's probably food related? I hope he gets sorted at the vets poor chap, it must drive them crazy to do that to themselves musn't it
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Poor Benji I hope the vets give you something to help.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Awww...bless his little heart, hope the vet has something to help him
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Have you found the cause of it Foxy?
Dawn.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Have you found the cause of it Foxy?
Dawn.

Its just skin allergy Dawn He's had it since he was 17 weeks old I think its a food allergy and I 'try' to just keep him on the Wafcol Salmon and potato hypoallegenic food but if he can get at any other food he will. I am trying to keep him away from bread in case its a wheat allergy but the woman next door feeds the birds with bread and the dozy birds dropped some on our dustbin and before I could move it the little sod gobbled it up and he also nicked some out of my daughters hand at my sisters buffet on boxing day and I think he has gone worse with his scratching since then.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Poor little boy, give him a big Hug from me.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >