Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Its a no contest here....Border Collie's

However I have to admit with the Border Collie its high maintenance no good IMO having one to do the things you want then loosing interest. They love both mental and physical stimulation.
All mine settle in the house (often being a coach potato)

However I have terriers too.....and our JRT could knock spots off the smartest BC

Im not keen on the everyday Labrador TBH, but I do like those that are the deep tan and I love Golden Retrievers
All the labs around here are extremely overweight...the owners fault not the dogs
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
I'd say border collie for the same reasons others have said about competitive obedience, I'm not keen on the border collie look, some of them are pretty but they're just not for me. I'd have to take umbridge with the view that all Labs are stocky and none are athletic, there are plenty of athletically built Labradors that are capable of competing at various levels, they will just never (for the most part) be as lithe and fast as BC's, they're not bred for that sort of work. I know some folk don't like my girl because of the shade of chocolate she is, and she bleaches, but you can hardly say that these pics aren't of a fit and lithe dog.

More recently with her daughter, we're working on the last of the mummy tummy
I can see your dogs are fit and healthy, and I know of the training and work you do with them so I know that fit Labradors exist. But, for me, they are still too heavily built for what I like in a dog, thats just how Labradors are (or should be) made!
gwenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2012, 07:40 PM
never had a lab,though i know they can be lovely dogs.theres only one breed for me,the border collie.Stunning in looks,highly intelligent,adaptable,willing to have a go at anything,no contest.
dave olley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Ive worked both breeds years ago in the beg/nov.
They are both capable ,but competitively the BC will give you the edge.

Dave.
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Okay, BC it is, now who's gonna tell the wife
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3