Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labradoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:22 PM

Dog Boots

Evening all!

My poor labradoodle Molly has suffered from 2 cut paws since the 29th December (one front one back) from cans and glass bottles that have been thrown into the grass in our local park. I have complained to the park wardens and the council, and I am in the process of claiming back the cost of Molly's treatment from them. Because of these incidents I am thinking of investing in dog boots for Molly to wear while she is over at the park so that she doesn't get any more cuts.

Does anyone use dog boots? Can you recommend any makes/designs for me to try?

Thanks All!!

Tracy
xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Try this website to see what you think

http://www.dogbootsactive.com/

We had to have boots for Jimmi for a while, and these were the ones that we plumped for in the end. On the plus side, they are really light and have a good protective pad on the bottom of the foot. The company are really friendly, and bend over backwards to be helpful.

On the downside, they can be tricky to fit exactly right, and if the boot keeps slipping then you spend your whole walk fiddling and adjusting it. It might just be Jimmi of course, because his front feet are an odd shape, and he does walk with a strange dishing action.

Doesn't it make you furious when louts smash bottles on paths or in the grass. I wish one of them would tread on their own broken glass one day.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=138531

Link to my thread about this. I got Neopaws and once you've figured out how to put them on right (ram the paw right in and wrap 'em tight ) they stayed on well.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I got some neopaws boots for Skye. They seem to fit very well, no slipping etc

Jann xx
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:13 AM
snowpaws do dog boots

http://www.snowpawstore.com/active-d...dog-boots.html
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:05 AM
also http://pawzdogboots.com/

You can get them from amazon for less than a tenner.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't know any good dog boots - but the others have got that covered but I do know of a man who refuses to pick up his dog's mess when the council don't fine those that throw glass bottles and cans everywhere.

My friend had to have half her dogs pad amputated because of glass that had been thrown in a stream by idiots who found it funny to go and get drunk in the woods.
And there was also someone on my parents local park whose dog had to have 18 stitches because of glass.

Luckily I haven't had any problems - I think my dogs have super paws but I do try and keep them away from glass, Hope Molly recovers soon and keep claiming and if they refuse to give you your money back - write to the national paper - bad press works for some cases!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:59 AM
A german shepherd at my dog class had to have his full leg amputated due to glass. Got an infection and it spread rapidly