Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Beauceron - Any owners on Dogsey?

Was just surfing the net, as you do!! LOL

And having a look at various breeds and compiling a wish list of dogs that if I could I would maybe like to have in my life one day

Anyway am quite taken with the Beauceron, just wondered if anyone owned or has owned them?

Thanks
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
was looking at them myself the other after hearing them mentioned on here i think. Kinda like a hairy dobe?

Quite hard to come by if I read correctly?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Dobermonkey I searched on here for them and didn't really find anything up to date a couple of people but with very few posts. Was it a recent thread you saw?

I have spent the last ...well too long!! looking them up on the net and just read a lovely story about a rescue one who has come on leaps and bounds and has found his forever home

They seem to be stunning dogs, a bit like a hairy dobe yes but the cheekiness and inquisitivity of the collie about them. I am really liking what I am reading about them

How does that song go "you gotta have a dream if you don't have a dream how ya gonna make a dream come true!!!!"

ETA yes quite hard to come by, I have found 1 breeder who has a litter just now!!! But no seriously I do think they are quite rare over here
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Before we got our first ever Rottie, we looked at Beaucerons, but TBH didn't like the look of them when we met on in the flesh.

We were expecting a much more substantial dog that then were. More like a Rott, but they weren't (or at least the ones we met weren't!!).
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
was looking at them myself the other after hearing them mentioned on here i think. Kinda like a hairy dobe?

Quite hard to come by if I read correctly?
They are a foundation dog in the doberman ..
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Before we got our first ever Rottie, we looked at Beaucerons, but TBH didn't like the look of them when we met on in the flesh.

We were expecting a much more substantial dog that then were. More like a Rott, but they weren't (or at least the ones we met weren't!!).
The impression I get from this afternoons wandering through the net is a fair bit less stocky than the Rottie, sort of, very mildly what a collie x rottie might be like (in looks)
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
i really llike the dark merley ones!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
The impression I get from this afternoons wandering through the net is a fair bit less stocky than the Rottie, sort of, very mildly what a collie x rottie might be like (in looks)
Yes, well....that was what they looked like when we met some. Until then we had only seen pics in books (didn't have the web back then many moons ago ), so perhaps we just had an incorrect pre-conceived idea that they were more substantial than they are supposed to be?

We were both quite dissappointed when we saw a real one! No offence to anyone who owns one, they just weren't for us.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
i really llike the dark merley ones!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Yes, well....that was what they looked like when we met some. Until then we had only seen pics in books (didn't have the web back then many moons ago ), so perhaps we just had an incorrect pre-conceived idea that they were more substantial than they are supposed to be?

We were both quite dissappointed when we saw a real one! No offence to anyone who owns one, they just weren't for us.
How old were the ones you met? They look like they would be very leggy youngsters!! I think I might have to take a trip to Discover dogs next year to see if I can meet one as so far I am not having any luck with breeders in Scotland (not that I want to get one, just meet one and see what they are like)