Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:59 AM

Highlight of the year

Well its the last day of 2010 !

What have been your highlights of the year.

For me

my daughters uni graduation
my sons bike race at Silverstone

and

I adopted Tom in March and Bella in Aug 2010 so doggies came into my life in 2010 and are here to stay !
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Mine has to be getting engaged to my OH after 6 years together.

Second to that it would be having Montys operation on his head and it turning out better than we ever imagined it would.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I expect I will be in big trouble with "him indoors" if I didn't say it was getting married in September
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Congratulations esmed and scorpio and good news on Montys surgery
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:04 PM
My great niece learning to walk and starting to talk - when she was born she had a stroke and we were not given much hope of a normal life but little Grace (2) is proving all the doctors wrong. Much of it down to the hard work of my niece who has despite her young years become an excellent mother under some pretty horrible circumstances.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:11 PM
For us its been a year where lots of not so nice things have happened but the hightlights have to be:

1. Callan coming home in May. I had wanted a BSD for a long time and waited a long time for him to be born. Looking forward to no 2 next year

2. The day that Sacha won out of beginners obedience. On the same day she then went on to come 1st in novice obedience and Torin came 2nd

3. Our very first 1st place in agility
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
For us its been a year where lots of not so nice things have happened but the hightlights have to be:

1. Callan coming home in May. I had wanted a BSD for a long time and waited a long time for him to be born. Looking forward to no 2 next year

2. The day that Sacha won out of beginners obedience. On the same day she then went on to come 1st in novice obedience and Torin came 2nd

3. Our very first 1st place in agility
Dont our doggies bring us lots of happiness !
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Great thread, it will be lovely to read .

Unfortunately, more lowlights this year for me, I can think of about 10!

But highlights, only 1 springs to mind, and it's dog related!!!!!!

December 9th 2010. Zeke finished his 6 month chemo treatment plan and was in remission from cancer, which threatened to kill him within 6 weeks, 6 months earlier! Such a hard battle this year, such an emotional rollercoaster (for us not him) but his strong will and laid back attitude got us through it, he has certainly taught us a lot this year xxxxxxx

Zeke on that day, back home and on our bed where he belongs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Hmmmm, good one! I suppose my main highlight of 2010 is the fact that neither of my dogs has ever passed a sloppy, runny poo or had diarrhea, that's TOP of my list (how sad is that lol!)

The 2nd highlight would be the purchase of my little holiday static caravan in a forest park, which I bought back in April, and it was fully booked, every single week or the year from July right up to the end of October, so I'm putting my prices up next year (coz they've built a new swimming pool on the park) and I'm hoping to book it from March and make lots of dosh!

That's it, I live a sad life really!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Great thread

1) Getting engaged to my wonderful Boyfriend, well guess fiance!, Stuart.

2)Ben finishing his Physio treatment for his spinal injury and the results far outdoing anything we had dared to hope

3)Meeting Youngstevie and Elaineb from Dogsey and having a fantastic afternoon with them and Hali One I hope we will repeat this year
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >