View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:57 PM
We must be really lucky, as on the whole we never have really experienced problems with neighbours. We once had a problem with a neighbours father who came to visit though!!

It was becoming increasingly difficult to park in our road, so we decided to pull out the front garden and make a car hard stand, then the father used to park across it!!!!!! ( our entrance ) leaving the car there for hours at a time.
One day I politely asked can you move your car so I can get mine out, to which he replied he pays road tax and he can park there if he wants!!

After being in the house (we are in now) for 10 years, we removed several shrubs and had a bonfire, and one of the neighbours over the back of our garden moaned to my OH in the petrol station one day. It is the only bonfire we have ever had and are likely to have!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 03:43 AM
our neighbours are a pain in the a**** - we have one who tries to sing and plays music so loud we can listen too and we have others across the road who think their darling 9 yr old can play football against everyones cars and shout and scream for hours while out playing with other horride kids - would love to move but cant due to council grant being spent to do alterations for o/h to be able to get round house easier
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-05-2006, 04:13 AM
aw here we get on ok, oscar doesbark now and then but rarely, the other dogs round here are worse, neighbours are all friendly and if have a prob we just talk, they have never moaned though, we just told them too if we were too loud etc coz neither of us are used to a mid terrace but so far its been cool.

at home we have horrible neighboursm they are all criminals and the council estate bikes ans swear, shout and play loud music all the time, broken into our garage various times too :s

used to have lovely neighbours too

got to deal with my brpther to, hes just as bad

(can ya tell i dont wanna go home
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Well we have some annoying neighbourhood kids as some of you may know from previous rants of mine lol and some REALLY annoying tw*t who keeps throwing their bags of dog poo and soiled puppy pads into our garden but other that that i guess we are ok. Rarely any noisy boy racers - we did have one when we first moved in but i think they must have moved out (what a shame NOT) we are on a corner plot so only someone one side of us and they are rarely there!!! We understand they bought it to use as a business or something but to be honest i never hear anything from them or see them really so its all ok!
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2006, 07:44 AM
no complaints about my neighbours here. They are all great and none of them mind when my lot are out in the garden having a riot. Everyone looks out for each other here. I do have a woman who stays about 4 doors away who has a black lab x who is a nightmare, she lets her wander into peoples gardens and is rarely on a lead although she is never out on her own and she barks at everything and gets away with it, not the dogs fault the owners just don't have a clue and let her but thats the only gripe with mine
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 08:23 AM
We've got 2 guys next door who are gay, and they are the best neighbours ever. Not only are they a good laugh, they have style, keep kids out of our area for us, take our bins out and do all the gardening.

We also have 1 old lady below us (we are in a maisonette) and she is a good laugh too. However she's getting a bit distressed with Roxy whining when i leave for work, which i feel bad about, but she is being very patient.

Overall i think we are probably more of a nuisence than anyone as we are still fixing the house up so every weekend all hammers a-go. But the guys say they understand and have even given us a hand sometimes!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 08:39 AM
One neighbour is a pain in the **** (re bird poo thread ) the others on the other side of our house are an elderly couple who know EVERYTHING about everyone on the road. She even knew my sisters birthday seeing as though my sister has never been to this country, I was left wondering how in the hell did she know that ?

The rest of the street is a mixture of retired people and families, it's generally a lovely place (right by the New Forest but away from Bournemouth and Southampton so who can argue ! ) just the odd grump with the neighbours, but no where is perfect
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I am missing out on all the fun I have no problems with my neighbours
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Hmmmmm Where do I begin??

One of my neighbours is a single mum who has two dogs - a staffie and an American Bulldog. Both dogs are under a year old but seem to spend their whole lives couped up in their crates.

Trouble is they also spend most of their time howling and barking to get out because everyone else is having so much fun - yes they're in their crates whilst she and her little boy are at home

I feel so sorry for the dogs and have tried to talk to her about it but her reply is "I've not spent a fortune on decorating the house for the dogs to ruin it"
I have another friendly neighbour further up the road who has dogs and she has mentioned this to me many times. I think we may have to contact some sort of authority about it, but I don't want to make waves....

Any advice anyone??
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:45 AM
It's not the neighbours that are a problem it's their flippin' dogs! On one side is Xena the Bull Terrier, lovely dog (although she did try to rip Woodys head off the other week! ) but barks constantly. In the summer he leaves the back door open when he goes out and she barks as soon as she hears you come up the drive, go to the garage, get out of your car, go through the front door......... I could go on!
And then that sets off Oscar the Dacs on the other side of us, it's like a barking tennis match!

And all you want to do is relax in the garden when it's sunny.

Fat chance!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >