View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks everybody - the good news is, that meal is still down, whether that be in the eosophogus or her tummy, who knows, but I'll know later on this evening when I go to feed her another small meal I suppose, coz if it is still lying in the esophogus then she'll regurgitate it again.

It's been a complete nightmare, the vet first diagnosing irritable bowel a month ago, but then that was a couple of days of diarrhea, so we did the ab course, and the 3 day panacur in case of giardia, and then I had all this sickness going on. When it was once a week, we could cope and the vet agreed irritable bowel could cause that, but I didn't like it when it happened so often this past week, it just didn't seem right to me, and that's why I went for the top brass with my letter and appointment. There's nothing quite like getting it all down on paper, every single event over the past month and letting the vet just sit and digest it imo, which he did, and he said it kind of leapt out at him, but he also said he could be wrong, it could still be something sitting in her stomach.

I asked him about a piece of that marrowbone which started all this off 5 weeks ago, but he said if it was bone or cartiledge stuck in there, that would have long disintegrated, so actually, that put my mind at rest, because that was something Google couldn't tell me no matter how hard I tried, so I can finally put that out of my mind. He said it would have to be a foreign object, but then Zena isn't a chewer of anything or a scavenger, so I'm now thinking maybe something got stuck on her ball, and when she picked it up and breathed in, maybe it made it's way down, she swallowed something??? I just don't know, and like you say brophy, it's that not knowing, hence the tests, I have to know, we can't lose Zena

I just wish the original vet had thought about this megaesophogus thing before now with all my pestering phone calls

Thanks guys, it'll be a worrying week-end, unless she holds down all her food, but even if she does, I still want the tests just to be sure and take it from there.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh poor Zena, and poor you H. I had no idea this was an ongoing problem. I do hope the vet gets to the bottom of it and that it can be easily cured/helped. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

Poor Zena! I hope the vets are able to help her.

I know it might sound daft but could it be a worm infestation?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

So sorry to read this H, poor little Zena and poor you, there's always something to worry about with our darlings, isn't there.

I'm wondering if this is a similar thing that was found in Irish Setters a few years back, I think they managed to breed it out of them, I could be wrong but am happy to investigate for you.

Sending lots of positive vibes for your beautiful girl xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Sending hugs to you both. It's such a horrible worry when there's something ongoing like this which seems to be getting worse. Let's hope they get to the bottom of it now.
Will pop back here on Monday to check how things went.
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Poor Zena! I hope the vets are able to help her.

I know it might sound daft but could it be a worm infestation?
That's what I thought originally Azz, and that's why I asked the vet if we could do the 3 day Panacur for giardia, coz the Stronghold would cover the others. The thing is, she doesn't feel sick, she doesn't give me that look, it's not the same as she used to have with her morning sickness episodes as a puppy, this is purely brought on by offering her food and the first initial mouthfuls. (maybe it's my home cooking!!!!) I still have that at the back of my mind though, even though her stool samples have always come back "no worms".

Thanks Kirsty, it's very worrying

thanks Sheree, that's interesting that you've also heard of this, coz I never have! If it IS genetic, then there's only one route for us, and that's "maintainance" with the feeding regime and nothing else. Very worrying, I really don't know what to hope for with this if I'm honest!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Cain sends licks to Zena. Hope you get to the bottom of this soon x
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Sending positive vibes that all will be well soon.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Sending lots of positive vibes your and Zena's way.
Hugs mate
xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cain sends licks to Zena. Hope you get to the bottom of this soon x
Originally Posted by rueben View Post
Sending positive vibes that all will be well soon.
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Sending lots of positive vibes your and Zena's way.
Hugs mate
xxxxx
Thanks Amanda, rueben and Jo, it's so worrying for us

Some bad news now I cooked up some mince and frozen diced veg into meatballs, fed her 6 of them and straight away, out she went and regurgitated it all up, came bouncing back in absolutely starving!

So, back to the Chappie, which is very smooth, no bits (apparently you can't feed anything with bits in I've since found out on Google!) and a sachet of F4D salmon mousse, which all went down a treat from the stairs (she must think I've lost the plot feeding her by hand on the stairs ), and so far, she's lying down, quite happy and sleepy and it's stayed down. WTF is going on here???!!!!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »