Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Im the same Lama.

Think im just going to make use of what I can get locally, and make up with Tesco/butchers/p@h and chicks/rats/mice
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
have either of you tried landywoods?
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
No...too many bad reviews
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
No...too many bad reviews
i ordered my first raw bulk delivery from them, and can honestly say i had no problems. the food arrived when they said it would, none of the food has been off, it didnt arrive partially defrosted or anything. i thought it was really good value for money as i spent £36 and had enough food for 3 months for my two (not including the bones)
the man was really nice and even carried the boxes into the freezer for me because i couldnt.
then when i thought they had delivered the wrong product, i phoned them and they were really helpful and nice on the phone, and they hadnt delivered wrong i just didnt read properly
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:13 PM
hmmm..I still have my reservations. I have suppliers of rabbits/mice/rats/chicks/bones/chicken carcs/trotters etc, just having someone deliver would have made my life a little easier!
Lama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
wont touch Lanywoods. My dogs were ill. Deliveries came without prior arrangement and food dumped on driveway and half defrosted. Boxes literally dumped or dropped because bags all over drive.

Large plastic tags left in drumsticks that had to be removed, cut off. Slimey and disgusting. Person on the end of the food rude and unhelpful.

They may have changed but I am not risking it.

Durham meats when I had them were very helpful and prompt. That's who deliver to the lincs people I believe.
Lama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I should add the Lincs people have been very prompt in replying to mails, so will try again for next month with them.
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

03-06-2011, 06:46 AM
well i will always recommend rawtogo. Their service has been amazing and I have now had four orders from them. I know the delivery cost is a pain but impressive. By way of example my last deliver was on Tuesday, they just put the boxes by the front door and I go home at lunchtime. As it was sunny the delivery driver founds the dogs empty plastic paddling pool and put that over the boxes to ensure they wouldnt get warm - now that is impressive if you ask me.
toastiest
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I have just received my first raw order a couple of weeks ago using rawtogo and it was good. I only experienced prepackaged meats from Price Choice before so was a little surprised at how smelly all the bags of meat were - I wish I had a separate freezer but it all has to go into with my human food so everything was rebagged.
Lesley the lady from rawtogo is lovely and helpful no issues at all. Delivery is next day and got there as promised with no defrosting even though it was left (as instructed) on the porch.

DAF replied to my email which is good but just to say that they cant deliver to my area. Plus there is a min order that will not fit under an undercounter freezer!

Emailed Landywoods - heard nothing even now. Call them and they said something about meat shortage. I asked them what caused it and I didnt hear the answer but the tone of her voice made it sound like it was supposed to be obvious. It would be better to just say that they can't supply new customers for now rather than calling it a 'meat shortage'...
In any case, it sounds like they aren't taking on new customers for at least another 10 weeks.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
rawtogo does look ok but again, its the delivery that puts me off

I also found that AMP meat was always a bit grey looking, certainly don't see that in the DAF meats

also found the delivery driver helpful
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >