View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
So sorry to hear this Lene, you must be so upset but you did try.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I did think that also Krusewalker but knew would be leapt on if said it.
I think Jem has to keep her dog on a dog line whilst in garden for same reasons.
Oh yes yes yes we have 7ft panels round the garden but its still not secure enough for Isis so she's kept on a line when she's outside x

I'm sorry Jessie had to go back to the rescue though x
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Dunno if ive missed something and i know its a different culture in Australia, but was she an outdoor living dog?

Was she able to live indoors and only go in garden when supervised?

Not meant as a judgement, but i live in the Uk, this would be normal to ask as we have an indoor dog culture
Although i was bought up in new zeland, so have experience of the outdoor dog culture as well.

in new zealand, lots of gardens werent dog proof, fenced, or secured at all, so we would have them on a running line when in the garden when unsupervised.
although we spent a lot of time outside with the dog anyway.
A lot of dogs here are kept as outside dogs, maybe due to our mild weather... My dogs over the last 40+ years have all been inside dogs, and so was Jessie...

I have a 6 foot high wooden fence, which has had several repairs since I got Jessie - It was definitely dog proof, just not Jessie proof... I did try and tie Jessie up, but she looked so sad... She's such a lovely dog, and deserves better... I would rather she go to a good home, which has fences with no framework
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh bless you , I know it must have been a hard thing to do taking Jessie back. Fingers crossed that she finds a new home soon xxxxxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2