register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Malka, I think it is a case of everyone hoping the Rabbi can get you some help rather than help with Pereg. If you keep having these falls then sooner or later you are not going to get up because you will stay down, and then where will Pereg be if you are out of the game.
Have been on the phone for around the last hour or so, everytime I start to watch something on TV it is the same, I end up watching the subtitles. Casualty looked good as well. Managed to get off the phone in time to see that the weather for tomorrow is not going to be nice up here in t'North. I really hope that it stays away between 1 and 2 as that is when Keshi's class is. She has made such progress over the week I don't want the rain to dampen her enthusiasm!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
We also help each other, and ambulances and police and hospitals and the fire service work on the Sabbath.

My Vet works on the Sabbath. But no, an Orthodox Rabbi will not answer his phone on the Sabbath, and what is a Rabbi supposed to do for an epileptic dog who is having Grand Mal seizures?
It's good to hear you say 'we also help each other' but that is totally AT ODDS with what you've been saying previously over and over that you can get no help at all and have no one to help you?

Just today

There is nobody to help but I can not leave her even if there was, There is not and I can not. Just like I can not get anyone to help me.

Today was - still is for another hour or so, Independence Day, so there was nobody around to beg for help.

I am a wheelchair user with no help
Obviously people express concern when you make it sound so awful and heartless and uncaring where you live and they just try to suggest things when you are saying stuff like that. Why be rude to them for doing so? I don't know what to say that could help and I've told you that as you've made it quite clear that you have no help, can get no help, and no one is there to help you that you just end up not knowing what to say. But if people 'say nothing' it appears that they are as uncaring as you make your community sound.

Now you say 'we also help each other'.

Well you either DO or you DON'T get help - both can't be true. But people do not deserve rude and dismissive responses from you when they are obviously concerned.

If you don't want to read their suggestions - and there is (as you make it sound) absolutely NOTHING that can be done - then don't post the problems and they won't be suggesting things that might help. If all you want to read in response is sympathetic replies - say so. But sympathy although nice is no help either is it? Again - people are just trying to be helpful.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Harvey, yes.....feeling cautiously better now thank you. Won't be eating too much for a day or two though just in case!! I agree that sometimes dogs just don't feel like going walkies, especially when growing older, and isn't it great when that coincides with us feeling the same way

Tang.........I wholeheartedly concur with your last post. There is a limit to patience and sympathy when it is constantly knocked aside. My limit was reached a little while ago.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Ohhh I have yet to get a day like that - when the dog doesn't feel like walking too far on a day when I don't feel like it either!

More synchronisation needed obviously!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Has spring sprung in lager land??
Yes, at last it's been a long winter this year
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Lager land?

LOL!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Tang, they brew excellent lager over there - according to my husband anyway Lots and lots of it!

Jimmi is very good re walking actually - if he cannot go for any reason, he does just accept it and sometimes like today, he makes it clear that he is not bothered thank you.

The pre walk routine always includes a wee (me!) and that is normally the trigger for Jimmi to go bonkers with excitement. If he ignores the trigger then I know he is not interested in walking! However, if I cannot take him out then I dare not have a wee at walkies time!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Tang, they brew excellent lager over there - according to my husband anyway Lots and lots of it!

Jimmi is very good re walking actually - if he cannot go for any reason, he does just accept it and sometimes like today, he makes it clear that he is not bothered thank you.

The pre walk routine always includes a wee (me!) and that is normally the trigger for Jimmi to go bonkers with excitement. If he ignores the trigger then I know he is not interested in walking! However, if I cannot take him out then I dare not have a wee at walkies time!
I know that problem. Bella is good as gold in the mornings while she waits for me to wander off and pee and brush my teeth, get dressed and get my act together. However if she isn't 'all that bothered' and we are still home an hour later - I sometimes decide I need to pee again and she DOES go into overdrive then!

I've had dogs where we'd all be careful not to rattle keys or go ANYWHERE NEAR the lead unless we were taking them out or life would be unbearable!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Our last dog was a key rattle responder!! I used to have to pick them up so slowly and carefully if I was not actually taking her anywhere! Even then, she somehow heard the tiniest clink.............same with opening the biccie tin, she could hear that from quarter of a mile away I swear.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Everyone has turned their little light off, so am going to do the same.

OH still watching cricket, or I would have gone to bed long ago

Have a good Sunday everyone and look after yourselves.
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >