Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Hello all,
We took Rosie out then had a walk to mum in laws to help put together some new draws.
Themn my mum rang, my poor stepdad is poorly in hospital with a severe water infection as well as his hip. My mum is quite upset at the moment as she's worried sick about him.

Right be back later as Are you being served is on, then Porridge
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Mandy, ask your mum to get cranberry juice for him and plentry of fluid...not wishing to be rude but did they catheterize him with his hip being broken? it is quite usual to develop an infection after that....hope he feels better soon
Mums cousin has just whatsappd me, they are having a bbq...looks like a lovely time is being had by all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Watching Victoria, I didn't expect to like it, but really good
Its a nice night here, still warm, gone dark really early though.
Big, amazingly big, plus is that there is no light on in that back bedroom, curtains have been open all day since early on (usually drawn all the time), no lights on at all in fact. It would be wonderful if he has gone somewhere, hoping he meets with an accident that prevents his return We have our lives to ourselves since I can't remember, fed up of constant light shining into my house, so much so I never put the kitchen light on at all at night now. Will be asking Alun to put a blind up as soon as the kitchen is painted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good grief have you been reading the threads with the newbie. Absolutely dreadful no respect for other people's opinions and to be honest downright rude. Where are they coming from ?
Well so far as I can see they are all from 'over the pond' but what is strange is that like you say the attitude

We have always had people from that part of the world on Dogsey and they have mostly been very nice, some have even stayed for more than a few weeks

Now it seems a new breed of member has registered and immediately started antagonising people, I can't work out why But sure as hell don't want anything to do with them and will not under any circumstances respond, my time is far more valuable to do that
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Wise move Harvey...i won't comment either
TW, I hope the man has gone on a very long tour of the world
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
waking up to the River Irwell lapping at your bedside one morning
Sorry reality not funny but it is amazing where they build these days. I remember you talking about the bridge foundations before and I think you said the bridge would not be moving, has been there for hundreds of years, and used by pedestrians a lot. That is what I think you said.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 09:39 PM
The bridge I'm talking about is a service bridge, quite big and ugly and built of concrete and the foundations are humungous and on the side the land is on they take up a good part of the space, and I really can't see anyone wanting them in their back garden, more importantly I suspect access will be required at various times as well.
The bridge into the village has been there hundreds of years, before that there was a ford, the bridge itself has been widened and updated, last time was in the 1990's, it is the only way in and out of the village, we are in fact an island, the only other way is up a farm track, very narrow and full of potholes, accessible by car, tractor and horseback, and you can walk along the towpath if you are OK with walking,cycling or riding a horse
No lights showing at the back of the house in question, I hardly dare believe it
Don't think you'll be troubled by a Certain Member again
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and the foundations are humungous and on the side the land is on they take up a good part of the space, and I really can't see anyone wanting them in their back garden,
Yes, I think you posted a picture, would definately not want them in my garden
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Wise move Harvey...i won't comment either
Best plan Sis There was a girl mechanic in Heartbeat this morning, looked just like you (ITV3 9am)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >