View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2016, 11:55 AM
omg, i am so jealous Brenda, i love staffy pups, too damn cute!!! ahhhh puppy teeth, i had awful problems with Kota...by far the worst nipper i had ever had, then i went to puppy party and saw all the other peoples hands...all covered in scratches and pin holes Lol...not a mark on me so she couldn't have been that bad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Life with a puppy is the biting and them having to learn their bite inhibition. The amount of people on a Bernese board I belong to think their pup is aggressive.
We assure them it gets better in time with patience and training. Also teeth settling. I have had some wonderful bruises up my arms in the past.

Seems the small leak has been fixed Mark and Gorden taking it in turns under the bath the pipe is in an awkward place. Gorden is taking a break and coming for the drive over to Essex and back. Mark is packing his bag.
First long drive since car being fixed. It certainly has more poke in it now.
Think though it will be slower on the overtaking than the diesel it's a heavy car for a 2.0 engine to pull the doors themselves are heavy let alone the rest of the body. It reminds me of the Chrysler in those respects.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Hope you have a safe journey to Essex, the roads are swamped. I went down for petrol and to get my tyres pumped up and could hardly move for traffic. Safe journey both ways.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Lynn, Gorden has my sympathies!!! our toilet got taken out 6 times due to leaks, the sink was done about 3 times and the bath..well that was at least twice, ours was mainly an issue with the waste, plumbers mait sorted that out, best few quid i have ever spent
being a goo girl today, made veg chilli for tea from scratch, now going to look for a film to watch
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, good for you...hope the clicker works out well, i am the same...whatever works for my dogs i will do and not be bothered about anyones opinion Lol
Agree Griff, it's 'horses for courses' as they say This new arrival seems to be spoiling for a fight like Gnasher said I'm keeping out, can't be doing with all this confrontational stuff these days if a person loves their dogs and does the best they can for them, that is all I want to hear.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Oh yes I can sympathise with the holes in hands syndrome, bruises on arms etc. Never had one carry it on as long as Zen is, she does know its wrong, but can't help herself, at least she knows she shouldn't be doing it I suppose. We've had no destruction for a while now, am bracing myself.
Everyone been out for a decent walk, we've got rain forecast for late afternoon, so all jobs done early. Had a lovely long shower after my hot and sweaty walks, hairwash and feel loads better, although back hurting, may have a siesta after I've had a butty and a brew, made girly teas and tidied up. Washer is on at the moment with old sheets off floor and leads in it.
Sounds like you've had a lovely morning with the babies, Brenda, they are lovely at that age, shame they have to grow up sometimes
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Nice wet day for travelling to and from Essex. Hate it when it rains and have to motorway drive.
Gosh you're clocking up some miles now. Rain on a motorway after a long hot spell means lots rubber and water mixing, it's what the F1 drivers hate as well, there's some technical term for it which I've forgotten

Have a good and safe trip Lynn, I said to SWMBO I'm glad we're not going anywhere.

TV travel man was standing on the roundabout leading into Heathrow Airport at 08:30 and already the traffic was at a standstill

Actualy I am going somewhere, with Casey & Lara, mostly on two legs 'tho will drive a little way to avoid walking through the village, pavements are narrow and dogs are big

See you latter
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Griff she is stunning, comes from a really good show line and being blue she is called Blue ( bell ).
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Ah Brenda, she sounds lovely!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Back from Essex. Yes Harvey clocking up the miles while Mark lives here.
Just missed the storm it arrived as we arrived and parked the car. Roads good on the way there and back. Glad we weren't using the M20.
My dad always warned me about roads being dry and then rain Harvey making them greasy a tip I passed onto Michael and will pass onto Mark if he passes his test next month.

Blooming car though really cross. All the way to Essex brilliant. Dropped Mark off left engine running for 5 minutes while saying goodbye and pulled away and ping. Same light on as before and on the screen up flashes engine fault needs repairing twice. So we drove up the big roundabout and pulled off to get a cuppa at the local garden centre. Came out ping same message flashed up once. So glad Gorden came he drove home.
It drove no problems no more flashing warning signs but management light stayed on.
I am going to have to contact Mark and ask him to get the train Tuesday so expensive and I will pick him up from one of the stations don't mind driving it 8-10 miles but 90 not confident.
Or maybe he will stay in Harlow and come back with Lauren Wednesday.
Of course Gorden back to work Tuesday and Monday is bank holiday so the plan is when Lauren gets over maybe she will follow me and I will drop car off at garage and hopefully it will be ready to collect Saturday Mark and Lauren travelling back to Essex Friday. Or if Mark decided to stay in Harlow and travel back Wednesday with Lauren Gorden and I will drop car off Tuesday morning he doesn't have to leave till 11.
Everything so complicated and tiring it's been one hell of a holiday. Be glad when everything settles down.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >