register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 01:49 PM
No storms last night but very heavy rain. There was one more fracas, then peace. Checked on them and Kesh was back in the little kennel and Mabs back in the big house with her mum, daughter and Cariad,and everyone stayed where they were as far as I know.
Quite warm out, westerly breeze,by the time I got back from the various walks I was desperate to get in the shower.
Was watching the last Red Rock, and couldn't watch after I saw Connor about to shoot up again, what happened, please say he didn't do it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2016, 05:02 PM
he did TW....it is on on monday though for it's last week the fella said? Drs is on tuesday at 1.45 so not sure if they will put red rock on after it?...yup Drs 1.45 followed by red rock!!!!!
Gnasher , if you want to air your bits and bobs, you carry on Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I thought with Doctors starting on Tuesday today would be the last one with it being Bank Holiday on Monday.Stooopid Connor.I'll never get anything done if it starts following Doctors
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Evening. Lovely and warm here still.
No storms here last night but think we had some rain.

Bath almost plumbed in, I will take a photo of the taps when it's all done they are beautiful.
Next job will be linking up the shower which Gorden may do tomorrow while I am driving Mark over to Essex.
We are off out later to a lovely chinese restaurant it's Mark's birthday Monday but he will be in Essex with Lauren so unlike the last two years where we have had all the family over and a big bbq it will be quiet for us.
So we decided on a chinese meal out to celebrate with him given him his card and money today. Whipped up a quick victoria sponge to.
I think Gorden has earnt and will appreciate a chinese tonight and I will appreciate a break from the cooking.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2016, 05:46 PM
oooo Lynn, do enjoy it, look forward to the photos too...our bathroom is nearly tiled now, just a few more and grouting and done!
Lol TW, i know...i am on the iplayer if i miss red rock...very addicitve!! will miss it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 05:50 PM
As you would expect griff we have a few leaks. Gorden will have to give up soon as we need to leave here by 7.30.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Well its always the way Lynn, at least you're not wanting a bath before you go out. Can't wait for the piccies, and yours as well Griff. Enoy the chinese have beef and green peppers with fried rice for me please
Happy Birthday to Mark. Must be the month for birthdays, it was my brother's 60th yesterday, he finishes at work next week (banking in London) I have no idea how he has survived that environment for so long without having some sort of heart problem or breakdown
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Good evening

Hope all plumbing leaks are easily sorted. I think it is par for the course that something always leaks just to stop you celebrating too quickly that the job is done Enjoy your meal tonight and Happy Birthday to Mark for Monday.

Good grief Griff your mum won't know the house when she comes home it will all be sparkling and clean Take it easy for the rest of the weekend and enjoy the weather and some films.

Well bush done using hedge trimmer, loppers and tree pruner. Took me 5 hours but well worth it as now I hope I will only have to give a trim once a year to keep it in shape. Now just the one out the front and I am finished, this one is only small so a five minute job. It was a hot job but once started I couldn't stop and have to keep looking at an uneven hedge
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2016, 08:18 PM
TW, my bro is in banking in london and he is sooooo stressed out most of the time, feckin breakfast meetings and then not getting home while 10pm some nights, he isn't 40 yet and i do worry about him
Sue...can't be doing with half finished jobs myself either, like to get a job finished if i can
I will post photos once the bathroom is complete, haven't helped very much as i got distracted with a man about 2 weeks in Lol...i have offered to help out several times but apparently there is nothing for me to do so i just make tea and lunch Lol...i think tea is very important
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Yeah Griff,my brother messaged me a few days ago to say sorry he had only just seen the email I sent him because he had been in meetings and got home at 10pm I am not sure its worth it long term, I know he gets a train about 5.30 am in the morning, so if he gets home at 10pm and leaves again about 4.30/5am the next morning what sort of life is that. His wife has never worked a day since their first child was born, conveniently 9 months after they married, how wonderful to be able to manipulate that eh Kids grown up, left home, but still she stays home. Of course now he is retired she'll never budge will she, keep thinking if she had contributed towards the finance, then maybe he wouldn't ever have had to get on the roundabout in the first place
Sue, don't down tools yet, my hedge needs cutting
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >