View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:04 PM

If someone kicked your dog, how would you react?

It happened to me this morning and I am still really angry and very upset.

Loki was on the lead and this bloke's dog came running at us. Loki barked at it and the dog went for Loki, so they started fighting. I kept hold of the lead, the dog ignored its owner calling its name.

The owner ran up and unbelievably started kicking his dog but the dog ignored him and carried on trying to get to Loki. Then, to my utter horror, the man kicked Loki in his side three times.

Loki was on the flipping lead - a very short lead too - but his dog WASN'T!!! It wasn't mine or Loki's fault his dog ignored him.

I'm afraid I went ballistic and I shouted at him not to kick my dog, that I'd call the police, that his dog should have been under control and then I went for him and hit him for kicking Loki. I probably shouldn't have but I was SO shocked (and pregnant so it must have been hormones), I was beside myself and all I could think of was poor Loki hasn't been well, loves people so much and this creep kicked him in the ribs when it was his dog running around, and Loki did not even retaliate against the bloke.

So I did!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Awww poor you, having to witness some creep kicking your beautiful dog

I would of done the same, if someone hit my dog....i'd flip and hit them, but then again Satan would of bit them

{{{hugs}}} to you & Loki xx
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Bl00dy 'ell LS!!!!!!!!! I would have done the same thing chick, BUT, mind that baby for goodness sake
Hope it wont effect Loki and that it's all forgoten about soon
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
A bloke tried to years ago with Abe when all he simply wanted was to sniff his GSD's bum.I just told the bloke i would kick the **** out of him if he tried that again (he missed on first leg swing) and after a lot of swearing on his behalf & me squaring upto him-he stormed off shouting "im going home to get a gun".

I admit to making the situation worse by laughing in his face when he said about the gun!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
good for you, but are you ok ,what a shock ,i know i would react the same as even i dont hit my dog , sorry words fail me hope lokis ok .
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm usually quiet when I'm out and non-violent,honest.

I can't understand why someone would do that to their own dog, let alone someone elses.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Ohh poor you, and Loki!

I don't know what I'd do if someone kicked T, while I'd love to sit here and say I'd kick the crap out of them, I'm not sure I would, being 17 and very weak! I would certainly give them a mouthful though.

You poor thing, and Loki, poor lad, especially when he did nothing to provoke it. I'm more the vindictive type, who would get him back quietly. Instead of hitting him, I'd go to the RSPCA and say that he had an aggressive dog who he treated badly, tell local dogwalkers to watch out for the dog abusing lunatic, and generally spread nasty rumours but that's just me
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I would never Hurt a Soul ,But if anyone ever Kicked one of my Dogs they would have found a Over weight(Just a bit ) 30 something women kicking them where it Hurts. Hope you and Loki are both ok
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Steve

I admit to making the situation worse by laughing in his face when he said about the gun!
I haven't heard anyone threaten to get a gun yet.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
god - what a shock for you - but do mind the bump !!!!

I dont blame you - I would do the same if anyone kicked Bruno - at the end of the day - its an adernalin thing and of course you dont think about consequences etc - he sounds like a complete ****hole and I hope that u dont meet him and his horrid dog again - would say though that if you do - I am sure he will now stear clear of the mad pregnant woman with the big dog !! LOL
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »