Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Summerbanks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Summer

I thought I would start a blog on Summer our Boxer puppy that I have been waiting almost 5 years (if not longer) for

I have previously had staffords and a Shih tzu with my ex but always had a deep set longing for a red boxer bitch, little or no white and a black mask. I have had a few opportunities to realise my dream while I was with my ex but the circumstances were never right and I knew that as my dream dog, I would only ever get her when the situation was perfect. I decided all those years ago that my baby would be called 'Summer'. I chose this because Boxers to me are the definition of happy . They are funny, playful, happy, smiley, daft and pups for life. They make people smile and laugh all the time and they are gorgeous and seeing them warmed my heart - All the feelings you get in the Summer

In December 2009 my 16 year marriage finally came to an end and I was dogless. I was in temporary accommodation and not in a position to have one. After 4 months I moved into a large privately owned ground floor flat - that didnt allow pets . Still Summer remained a dream.

Last June I met the man of my dreams who is a major dog lover and told him of my aspirations to have a boxer. He too loved them and said that one day we could be proud parents to 'Summer'

The relationship progress fairly quickly (and at our age why waste time when you know something is right!) and in November I relocated to the West Midlands and moved in with him. He owns a 1/2 a Shih Tzu rescue called Bertie who is a little darling.

Any way, almost 3 weeks ago and after 5 years of waiting, we found Summer I went to see her and asked why at 12 weeks she was still there and they said that lots of people had come to view her but wanted a more flashy boxer so as she only had a little white dot on her nose, a small flash on her chest and a couple of white toes, she was left waiting for me to find her

I brought her home and after a 'messy drive, within 10 minutes she was led on the sofa snuggled up to my partner as if she had always been here!

She spent her first night sleeping like a human with her head on our pillows between us and was clean and content all night.

the day after she arrived....