Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The one where they end each sentence going up in tone like it's a question then????!!!! I know exactly what you mean with that one!!!
Oooh that was going to be my next one!

It's called a rising inflection and this article expresses my feelings pretty acurately.

People on TV do it all the time and it quite simply drives my nuts!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Oooh that was going to be my next one!

It's called a rising inflection and this article expresses my feelings pretty acurately.

People on TV do it all the time and it quite simply drives my nuts!
That`s going out of fashion with the kids now. I think it started with the Australian soaps. Now they need to talk like de gangstas. It cracks me up on the train when the Girls High School lot get on in their neat uniforms and start with the `An den wi tol `im, like, ya don diss me, innit`. Then get off to meet Mummy.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Emptying the bin in the front room and finding that a mouse has eaten it clean through!!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
That`s going out of fashion with the kids now. I think it started with the Australian soaps. Now they need to talk like de gangstas. It cracks me up on the train when the Girls High School lot get on in their neat uniforms and start with the `An den wi tol `im, like, ya don diss me, innit`. Then get off to meet Mummy.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Brilliant !!
Thats another hate, white people trying to talk like black people, ala Ali G , they just sound like fools.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok, I've had a little think...

1. Those little corners on packets of ham or bacon that imply you just pull them to open the packet. I fall for that malarky every blooming time only to find myself stabbing said pack in the end to get in.
... and I swear that microwave lasagne does this, with the added bonus of getting scalded just to punish people for buying them in the first place!

2. Similar vein... people who open the milk or butter and leave the foil or paper bit in the top. Take it out! That's just so annoying having a buttery piece of greasproof paper just sitting there every time to go to the tub!

3. People who said 'Know what I mean?' No I don't and I don't think you do either.

4. People who say 'At the end of the day...' What? At the end of the day I'm in my pj's and off to bed dear!

5. People who have indicators as optional extras on their car. You know they are going to pull over but when? The fact they are driving at 5 miles an hour is a clue but I think they like to keep you guessing! Oh and then they'll put their indicator on when they have stopped!

6. Checkout people who are on a mission to chuck all your shopping at you as fast as they can. It's a checkout, not It's a Knockout!

7. People, ok the men of the household, who find it totally impossible to put a new loo roll on when it is running out. I have three bathrooms, and they'll even go to an inconvenient one just to avoid having to do this!

8. Betterware and Kleenez catalogues being out on my doorstep, despite the sign saying I don't want them!

9. People who send texts to a normal phone but forget not to use text talk... so you get a lady reading their text in what appears to be Swahili!... and you end up having to phone them anyway to find out what it was if you managed to get the number down quick enough.

10. Dawdlers! In every aspect of life! Get on with it, life is to short to dawdle!

11. Babies with pierced ears..... if it's ok to do that to their ears why not get them tattooed and their navels pierced too?

12. People who tell their children to 'Shut up!.... I have never said that. It's just impolite and only teaches them to say that to others.

13. The brushes in nail polish bottles that don't reach to the bottom of the bottle.... sheisters!

14. Broken biscuits in a pack of non-broken biscuits..... and biccies that drop in your tea when dunking.

15. Boobies when I spill my dinner.... it's going to hit them on the way down isn't it and then sit there like a neon sign for the rest of the evening. They need to make napkins bigger too.... or perhaps I need a bib..... and boobies that stop you getting near the table in the first place! lol

16. Men on the net who you are friends with, you make them aware you are just friends then out of the blue they ask you whats you fvourite position is? As far away from you as blooming possible dear! Block

17. Mobile phones on the table in restaurants. I might forgive you if you are the head of the United Nations and might need to take a call but apart from that keep it out of sight!

18. When supermarkets move stuff round when you are in a hurry, so instead of taking 10 minutes to grab a sandwich they have moved them to a tiny corner behind the yoghurts by which time there are 20 people in the 5 items or less queue and your lunch hour has gone.

Well that was a quick think anyway.... lol.... I sound a right mardy cow lol.... so it's a jolly good job you lot know me better than that!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:58 AM
It cracks me up on the train when the Girls High School lot get on in their neat uniforms and start with the `An den wi tol `im, like, ya don diss me, innit`. Then get off to meet Mummy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Lol @ you Becky Now why did I know your lists would be long, very long!!!! I can say yes to all of yours especially No. 10, and yet I actually married one of those!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Kids that decide it's funny to insult some stranger walking past minding their own business.

I hate people that stand RIGHT behind you in queues too. I'm not able to move any faster than the checkout girl processing the shopping in front of me you know!

Doctors that think it's great to get you out of their surgery as quickly as possible while flinging tablets at you.

Teenagers (ours does this constantly) who talk at 100mph then expect you to understand what they just gabbled at you in an incomprehensible language.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I agree with number 8 on Wishbones list. You'd think they get the point that the fact they've never had an order from you from the 20 catalogues they've left you means you're not likely to ever order anything!

And then they put snotty notes through the door because you haven't left the catalogue out on the specified date. Sorry but I have more important things to do/worry about than when to leave a bloody catalogue out for collection.

These days I accidently leave them where Monty can reach them, he has a flick through and "cuts" out all the bits he thinks I might be interested in!!
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >