View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2008, 07:41 PM
In a very few months, we are going to start looking for a successor to Snorri the Priest (NB - he was irreplaceable, so he can only have a successor!). This new pup will need a name, of course, so there are two possibles on the list already......

1) Thorgeir Logsogumadr ("Thorgeir the Lawman", first Speaker of the Icelandic parliament).
2) Ragnar Lodbroken - as he will be a BC, he'll have hairy breeks! Ragnar Hairybreeks!

There's already quite a feud going on about this, so another name may get picked, as a compromise. We have a habit of picking Saga names: Kali Kolsson was a Norse Earl of Orkney, and he had a pal and ally called Kuggi of Westray (Pronounced "Koogee" ) who may make the list later.

Snorri
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Well we wanted to call our Boxer pup Louie just because we liked the name. Then my sister had a little boy and called him Louie!! Couldn't really use the name for the dog after that so we went back to the drawing board.

We did try and find a Boxer as in fighter name that wasn't commonly known i.e we did not want Bruno or Tyson! Anyway didn't find anything on the Boxer name front so we turned our attention to the fact our little pup has a bald spot on his head and thats where we came up with Monty.

We got to Monty after thinking of well-known bald people and i thought of Mr Burns from the Simpsons whose first name is Montgomery.

Bit long winded and complicated but thats how we got there!!
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2008, 08:11 AM
We had a jack russell called Mosquito (Mozzie for short) as when she was a puppy she was always buzzing around and getting into mischief Sadly she passed away in June this year

We have a chihuahua x jr called Midge because she is absolutely tiny - 8 inches

My gsd girlie is called Kayla as she is such a gentle girlie girl and needed a soft feminine name

My male gsd is Tarro - strong sounding name and it just suits him

My male whippet is Baja - he's a particolour and we like the name and thought it suited him

And best of all my female whippet is called Pippet the Whippet When I had my first three whippets we used to call them the Pippets. If they were running around the field or woods rather than call them Scotty, Taffy and Joshua, we would call PIPPETS and they would all come running When they all crossed rainbow bridge and we finally got another whippet it seemed right to call her Pippet in memory of the other three little angels

Edited to add a dog - can't believe I forgot her (blush)! My son's 6 month old JR is called Pretzel, because he thought her tail looks like a curly pretzel - fair enough lol
Tish's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
My little girl is called Tish....short for Atishoo..when we brought her home she was sneezing and thats how we got the name.
wildfire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I love the Whippet name, how different and having three of them, what a time saver when calling them back! Pippet
clever

Wildfire
wildfire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2008, 09:37 PM
And General Montgomery was also famous during World War 11 so a suitable name for a boxer brave, loyal, energetic.

Wildfire
wildfire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Now thats an unusual name for a Border Collie? I like the Norse names, and the Inuit names as well.

Wildfire
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I like the Norse names,
Wildfire
We just felt that, living in Orkney, as we do, the Norse names were quite suitable. There used to be a Norse raider who lived near us, and became another Earl of Orkney, as well as a character in a Monty Python film.....his name was Thorfinn the Skullsplitter................ (he must have been quite good at splitting skulls, as he was one of the first Earls to die an old man.) - a.k.a. Thorfinn Hausakliuf.

Snorri
Missfit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Ex's Mum worked with a lady called Chhaya & so she named her Siamese cat it. I liked the name & called an old cat it but changed it to be spelt Chaia. Then when thinking of a name for my new dog I wanted something unusual that other's don't have so went over old pets names & changed the spelling again to Chaya. It's a human name meaning Shade & I just like the name. She was going to be Meg but when I met her the second time she didn't look as old as I remembered, glad I didn't choose that now as she looks like a Chaya!
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi All & Happy Christmas

My Dogs are called Casper & Freckles.

My brother named Casper after Casper the friendly ghost & Freckles was already named when i had her.

Amanda
Page 16 of 46 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »