Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:00 PM

What Are Days Off For?

It was one of my days off today and, as per usual, I was dashing about.

I had to go to Old Leake to collect some slabs, she had so many I'm going back on my next day off (Thursday) to get some more. I came home, offloaded them and then straight back out to Lincoln to pick up a wrought iron gate that I won on ebay for £1 !!

Then home again early afternoon, pop the doggies sausages into the oven, laid the 25 slabs that I got today, fed the doggies and started on the replacement fencing in their small garden. I was interrupted during this as a chap that had something off me from freecycle wanted to chat. Just as well really as he can get loads of wood from his workplace so is going to keep me supplied until I've totally finished my fencing.

He met the dogs, he didn't think I was that mad as he has 12 Bernese Mountain Dogs, although he did say they aren't as barmy as mine.

These are the kind of days off I enjoy, I get a buzz out of getting the place sorted, although the dogs all really need a trim and I've neglected them a bit, I will get round to them but feel I have to get the outside sorted sooner rather than later.

What do you guys like to do on your days off, whether its the weekend or whatever.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:02 PM
As you say Sheree, there's always things to do. I think the only time I ever sit and do nothing is when we're on holiday. If I'm at home, there's always a load of washing or shopping to get in. OH goes mad at me as I never sit still for long.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
As you say Sheree, there's always things to do. I think the only time I ever sit and do nothing is when we're on holiday. If I'm at home, there's always a load of washing or shopping to get in. OH goes mad at me as I never sit still for long.
I know just what you mean Jackie, its almost as if there's an urgency to get something done as soon as possible. My ex was always telling me to slow down but I enjoy being busy and planning whats to be done next
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2007, 08:07 PM
OMG!!! 12 BERNIES he must be mad....

at least you cant say you are ever bored
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I know just what you mean Jackie, its almost as if there's an urgency to get something done as soon as possible. My ex was always telling me to slow down but I enjoy being busy and planning whats to be done next
Think it's a female thing. You should have seen my OH trying to get me to sit still when I was ill. I still managed to paint the skirting boards sat on my bum on the floor!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:15 PM
By you're a busy bee, I think if I were you I would concentrate on getting the outside done while its summer (relatively speaking ), I'm impressed
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I have Mondays off but I don't treat them as a day off though. Originally I had them off as day release for college & after I finished at college I decided to keep having them off.

I keep busy on a Monday doing dull things, tidying the house, cleaning (occasionally), mowing the lawn that sort of thing. I do good things as well, Max always gets a nice long walk on a Monday & I catch up on TV that Dave doesn't like (Have recently brought the Angel DVD box set which Dave isn't really into so I tend to watch a couple of epsiodes on a Monday). I Dogsey it a fair bit on Mondays too!

That way we can keep our weekends relatively free from domestic bores which is good as Dave tends to work a few weekends at shows so we can relax, go out with Max, go to the cinema, see friends, have a meal out, that sort of thing.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Think it's a female thing. You should have seen my OH trying to get me to sit still when I was ill. I still managed to paint the skirting boards sat on my bum on the floor!
sounds like me dragging suitcases upstairs on my bum and shuffling downstairs on my bum with the washing basket when I had my knee op can't keep me down I'm afraid I can't stand doing nothing!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Days off? Hhmmm, washing, shopping, gardening etc

My weekends are always filled with the chores, plus usually at least one night seems to be a "social" event, such as dinner at a friends etc.

Holidays off work are currently either spent camping, or decorating/doing heavy landscaping type work

Not very exciting really!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2007, 06:49 AM
12 Bernese he must have a big house and garden.I thought Ollies breeder was the only one with that many Berners.She also has 4 Newfies may of added more by now
As for days off always something to do.
Sounds like you are doing well with the recycle.
A gate for £1
Good job you got that estate car.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >