Male 

19-10-2006, 05:08 PM
there is no limit to what they put on the box these days
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I watched it.

Quick recap:Since 1950,many dogs have leaped to their deaths off a tall bridge which spans a gorge with a stream and a statley home on otherside of bridge.The dogs would walk normally across the bridge which has hip high solid granit walls,but then would suddenly trot over to a certain bit which juts out-then leap straight over the edge.The dogs always jump from this spot.

The theories on why it happened:

The are a lot of Mink living around the bottom of the bridge and dogs cannot help chasing the scent.Because of the height of the walls,they are unaware of the sheer drop on otherside so see no danger.Because Mink started to escape during the 50's from fur farms-this may explain why the dogs started jumping then also.They also did an experiment with 3 sacks which were impregnated with 3 smells-Mink and 2 others which i cant remember.Almost all the dogs homed in on the Mink sack.

There is a electricity pylon nearby and the noise although inaudable to us humans-can be heard plain as day to dogs and they may be curious about the sound.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I didn't watch all of it as we had a power cut.
If people knew dogs had jumped to their death, then why aren't the dogs on their leads. If i walked over a bridge that big with mine they would be on very short leads
From what i saw of it, i found it very upsetting
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I saw it .. it was strange.. like Jules said why not put the dogs on a lead ? I also found it quite disturbing that one lady smirked all the way through her interview which was about a man who had thrown his 5 wk old baby off the bridge believing it was Satan reincarnated... what was so funny in that, that she could barely contain her humour???

I would have liked to have seen some dogs eye "perspective veiws" as the foilage was all diferent heights and I wonder if the dogs jumped as they could see solid ground.. simple as that... most dogs don't just jump into thin air and to my knowledge they all have depth perception! It was trying hard to make something out of nothing in my opinion!

Rachel
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2