Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 06:35 PM

Man came out of the bushes...

I wasn't going to post this, but would like some advise.

Last year I experienced a similar incident, in the exact same location, and am now wondering if I am over reacting or if it should be reported.

I was local on the South Downs with both the boys, just going up to the open field when a man suddenly appeared from the bushes. It startled me somewhat, and he came towards me 6ft or less. He said nothing at first but must have realised he had un-nerved me.

He didn't look like a dog walker nor did he have a lead, he appeared nervous and shot back into the bushes, only to reappear again to say he was looking for a Rottweiler....

It may be perfectly innocent, but I then kept close to some other walkers further up the field, started talking to them and one of the walkers told me his wife had a fright only yesterday morning - same experience!!!

This has worried me again, and we love to walk up there, but unsure what to do now !!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Report it and get the police to look into it. It may be nothing but you won't settle til you tell someone about it. It's the most sensible thing to do and I'm sure the police will agree.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 06:41 PM
You never know...I never walk anywhere isolated on my own-not worth the risk.Too many nutters about. So many people attacked whilst walking their dogs- please be sensible about where u go alone
Moopink
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2006, 06:48 PM
This to me sounds like a very serious and frightening situation to be in.
If I was you I would trust my gut instinct as it is never wrong!
If you thought this situation was innocent you wouldn't have given it a second thought,but obviously you have.
If you see or hear about this person again please,please report it as he may not be so nervous the next time.
To be honest I would report him straightaway,even if nothing can be done,just to put my own mind at rest.

However if you do continue to walk along this route please keep your wits about you and your eyes wide open,and don't go there if there are no other people around,think about your safety,and don't take any chances.

I don't wish to upset you with anything I have written and I don't wish to overreact but I don't want you to ever dismiss a situation you find unnerving.

I have had the same experience,only worse,so please keep safe!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I had a bit of a strange encounter in woods today as well, Luckily for me the OH was meeting me up there and turned up straight after it happened. I walk with 2 Dobermanns and I felt a bit uneasy, so no you're not being daft.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:03 PM
It does sound a bit dodgy You should report it, otherwise you will probably always worry about it! I've met men looking for dogs before and they have never seemed at all creepy. Trust your instincts. If you felt there was something iffy about him, there probably is
He could be a pervert or a dognapper, or anything. If it turns out to be nothing then at least you can put your mind at rest!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Report this definately!! Better to be safe than sorry xx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Definetly sounds like an odd ball so report it to the Police! He maybe innocent,but i'd rather be safe than sorry.If you favour this particular route-ask someone else to accompany you or look out for other dog walkers.

There really are some creepy people about so please be safe!
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Definitely report it - not only will it give you peace of mind you are doing all the people who walk there a favour as well.

If it was perfectly innocent then there is no harm done and if it wasn't then it should be brought to the attention of the police.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:29 PM
i would get a pic on your mobile as well ?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >