Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Congratulations!!!! He is gorgeous!
You and he seem to be doing really well! He was very clever folding the poop pad up when he had finished! LOL
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
LOL Ambo, remember the 4am wake up calls well! Cassie used to go on her piddle pad in the kitchen then drag it through the house to the front room to show us what she'd done in case we didn't see it and she missed out on a treat

That is so funny
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Congratulations on getting Jake. He looks vey cute
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Glad everything went ok for you He is lovely I will look forward to more pics and updates.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Yay I'm so glad Jake is home!

I remember when Archie was tiny, every time he used to do a pee in the garden I would crouch on the ground and go mad with the praise, and he would run at me, jump on my head and bit my ears

Maybe praise very quietly at first, he's probably not too used to human voices... just shovel the treats in while praising and he will soon get the idea
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Love the name Jake, definitely suits him better!
Originally Posted by Ambo
Thanks all. There are a few things that I have noticed different to our other dogs in his behaviour. Its quite sad really. He had never experienced grass, he really doesn't know how to play with toys and he is having trouble taking praise. Everytime I make a fuss of him he cowers away. I'm sure after a couple of weeks he will get used to it....bless

I forgot what it was like having a puppy. I forgot that they like to chew EVERYTHING except for the chew toys that you have bought them

Oh well, I've brought up a 4 yr old boy by myself so I'm sure a puppy won't beat me
This so reminds me of when I first got Pickles (although he was 4 not a pup). He'd never seen a ball in his life, didn't know his bed was to sleep in, didn't know his dish was where his food came from. Took him into the woods for a walk and he was terrified, obviously never seen trees before! He hated all dogs and bit my old Springer the first day we got him. At first I thought I might have to take him back, the first night he screamed blue murder and I thought Bonnie was attacking him! Turns out he just didn't like being left! Anyway I got there in the end and most of his idiosyncrasies I've managed to cure, took a while but it was worth it!
It'll be that much easier for you cos Jake is just little, good luck! He's so gorgeous he's bound to get there in the end!
Ambo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Things are not going too bad at the moment. He has definately settled in and is completely mad. He is sleeping on the floor next to me at the moment and is snoring like you wouldn't believe.

We have a few teething problems. Basically house training is taking its time. Sometimes he will go on his pad, sometimes he won't. When I am out of the house he seems to use it but when I am home he doesn't. I suppose it is all patience.

All in all he is a very sweet dog and is settling in well
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
He sounds like he's coming along just fine What a sweetie!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3