Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
The Novice Jumping course was horrible, I didn't like it on paper, liked it less when I walked it and absolutely hated it when ran it, Skye totally switched off, it was far too naggy! The Novice Agility course in the morning was lovely, it had a few traps, but was doable, Skye came 4th.
aww I didnt know you were running it!
It did look strange, Ben would have run it OK because he sticks to me, but really wasnt the best to watch, for the one real occasion where people get to see agility it could have been a much better course

and big congrats on 4th - you must be so happy

I was looking at it and wondering how they are staking the weave down properly? any indoor shows I have been to they dont have the weave cos they cant secure them (thats why I enter Ben in some of them when his weave is being a bit off)
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
No dogwalk in the team agility.

rune
The dog walk was the second obstacle and it was the angle from the first jump that caused the one dog to slip off.

I think because the FCI courses are all measured accurately and the course times worked out arithmetically, they were much tighter than we are used to in the UK. With that and the slippy carpet, a lot of the less experienced dogs were struggling a bit - plus you have the pressure and hype to contend with! I think they all did brilliantly - not many of us have managed to even get there so they should be very proud of themselves!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
aww I didnt know you were running it!
It did look strange, Ben would have run it OK because he sticks to me, but really wasnt the best to watch, for the one real occasion where people get to see agility it could have been a much better course

and big congrats on 4th - you must be so happy

I was looking at it and wondering how they are staking the weave down properly? any indoor shows I have been to they dont have the weave cos they cant secure them (thats why I enter Ben in some of them when his weave is being a bit off)
Yes, I was really pleased with 4th in agility.

The weaves were taped down with thick black tape.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
No dogwalk in the team agility.

rune
The dog walk was the second obstacle and it was the angle from the first jump that caused the one dog to slip off.

I think because the FCI courses are all measured accurately and the course times worked out arithmetically, they were much tighter than we are used to in the UK. With that and the slippy carpet, a lot of the less experienced dogs were struggling a bit - plus you have the pressure and hype to contend with! I think they all did brilliantly - not many of us have managed to even get there so they should be very proud of themselves!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:35 AM
My fault----got mixed up!

I am very aware of how special it is to get there! I knew a couple of the mini maxi (which is not called that any more? pairs.

Hoping to watch a bit more today but I have paid for catch up so if I miss any I want to see I can get them-----novice is now a must!

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
Yes, I was really pleased with 4th in agility.

The weaves were taped down with thick black tape.
ahh interesting, I guess there are far less dogs running than at a show
Mind you my friends collie could never get there, he is a 1 boy recking machine when it comes to weaves, taped down would never hold against him when he is on a roll!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
ABC jumping up next
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2