View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Puffin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Ha, love this thread, v funny. Puffin hasn't done anything worthy of it yet but our old family dog when I was growing up did!

He was a lovely and lively Rhodesian Ridgeback called Austin. We should have realised what was in store for us when he was asked 'not to return' to obedience training whiles a pup as he was 'too disruptive'. His list of misdemeanours included:

His first experience of being left on his own: he demolished 4 kitchen chairs, chewed all around the round kitchen table and all 3 kitchen window sills. The chairs were replaced but the table had to stay for years before my parents could afford to replace it!

On being taken to a caravan park in the Gower (for what was a disastrous holiday for many reasons), he would wait until 'doggy tea-time' then make a lightening raid on all the other nearby caravans (with open doors) making off with as many bowls of food he could scoff before being chucked out. We weren't the most popular family on the site...

When workmen were repainting the village's school fence, he would (again) wait until lunchtime when they unpacked their lunches, the swoop in and hoover them up - this continued for several consecutive days (you'd think they'd have learned!) after which they referred to him as 'that b*stard brown dog with a stripe on its back' which adopted as an affectionate name for him too!

On one of my younger birthdays I decreed (as a 6-year old does) that I didn't want a birthday cake, I wanted lots of fairy cakes instead. My poor Mum duly baked several batches... let them to cool and yes you've guessed it. Not one cake, not one cake wrapper, not one crumb was left by the time she came downstairs again. Only one VERY guilty looking ridgeback with a huge tummy, hiding underneath the fishtank.

Oh, and then there was the time he knocked over the deep fat fryer during the night. By the time Dad had come down in the morning, he'd then puked it all back up again. Dad took one look at this and then vomited himself... cue poor Mum (again!) having to clean up a truly horrendous mess.

And finally... (not sure this one was his fault really) we had the same electricity guy who checked our meter for years. But one day, he overstepped the boundaries, popped in to check the meter without ringing the doorbell and Austin launched himself at him, knocking him halfway down the path... he made a run for it asking my Mum 'has he got my back? I felt him scratch my back!" as he legged it, my Mum reassured him with a 'No, you're fine...!' as he sailed off with his shirt torn in two... she said he deserved it for being daft enough to let himself in when he knew Austin lived there.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Ha, love this thread, v funny. Puffin hasn't done anything worthy of it yet but our old family dog when I was growing up did!

He was a lovely and lively Rhodesian Ridgeback called Austin. We should have realised what was in store for us when he was asked 'not to return' to obedience training whiles a pup as he was 'too disruptive'. His list of misdemeanours included:

His first experience of being left on his own: he demolished 4 kitchen chairs, chewed all around the round kitchen table and all 3 kitchen window sills. The chairs were replaced but the table had to stay for years before my parents could afford to replace it!

On being taken to a caravan park in the Gower (for what was a disastrous holiday for many reasons), he would wait until 'doggy tea-time' then make a lightening raid on all the other nearby caravans (with open doors) making off with as many bowls of food he could scoff before being chucked out. We weren't the most popular family on the site...

When workmen were repainting the village's school fence, he would (again) wait until lunchtime when they unpacked their lunches, the swoop in and hoover them up - this continued for several consecutive days (you'd think they'd have learned!) after which they referred to him as 'that b*stard brown dog with a stripe on its back' which adopted as an affectionate name for him too!

On one of my younger birthdays I decreed (as a 6-year old does) that I didn't want a birthday cake, I wanted lots of fairy cakes instead. My poor Mum duly baked several batches... let them to cool and yes you've guessed it. Not one cake, not one cake wrapper, not one crumb was left by the time she came downstairs again. Only one VERY guilty looking ridgeback with a huge tummy, hiding underneath the fishtank.

Oh, and then there was the time he knocked over the deep fat fryer during the night. By the time Dad had come down in the morning, he'd then puked it all back up again. Dad took one look at this and then vomited himself... cue poor Mum (again!) having to clean up a truly horrendous mess.

And finally... (not sure this one was his fault really) we had the same electricity guy who checked our meter for years. But one day, he overstepped the boundaries, popped in to check the meter without ringing the doorbell and Austin launched himself at him, knocking him halfway down the path... he made a run for it asking my Mum 'has he got my back? I felt him scratch my back!" as he legged it, my Mum reassured him with a 'No, you're fine...!' as he sailed off with his shirt torn in two... she said he deserved it for being daft enough to let himself in when he knew Austin lived there.
Oh my gods, life with Austen must have been fun He sounds a right character Funny puppy.
Puffin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2010, 01:41 PM
It was definitely interesting! He lived until he was almost 14, bless. Mind you, he never really did quieten down until right at the end.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Kym my grey had a whole cooked chicken i'd left on the back of the hob to cool down for our tea, i only popped out of the room for 5 minutes and when i got back it had gone...she'd eaten it bones an all.

Bella has had the steak off of OH dinner plate before as well.

My fault i guess, now i don't leave any food out !!

My foster puppy Ruby has dug a big hole in the garden and seems to find it amusing to pinch my dishcloths and hide them in the hole along with anything else she can pinch !! - i wondered why we were going through so many cloths.....
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Bertie has done that as a 5 month old pup we were talking to the people in the next caravan then saw Bertie eating food from their dog bowl with a huge fluffy bear of a GSD stood right by him looking over his shoulder! Shows there are some big soft GSDs out there

Bertie would NEVER EVER steal food / chew things up / lick the dishes in the sink / get muddy paw prints on the work top / knock on my bed room door at sily hours in the morning

But he has help and been partly influenced by our other three dogs.

Sophie
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 11:10 PM
oh, reading these make Jake look like an angel

Jake isnt too bad... but he is very embarrassing! i was once round at a friends house, and he has a hole in his fence that joins his neighbours garden, so he has pushed a big plant pot up to it, blocking it off. so Jake and my friends dog were in the garden playing, and we were sitting on the grass talking... all of a sudden i realise Jake is running around the neighbours garden! he had pushed the blooming plant pot out the way! i called him back, and the wee rat just ignored me... then spotted the neighbours door was open and of course, he ran inside and was running around this womans house thankfully the woman is a dog lover, and so my neighbour went and retrieved my very naughty dog!

there was also once when i took Jake to my bfs. Jake is allowed in the kitchen and dining room, but keep him out of the rest of the house and we leave the back door open for him too. so, i was sitting chatting to OHs mum and he was going for a shower. just as he left, i realised Jake was no longer in the garden. i went into panic mode, and was calling him searched the garden, under tables ect... and then my OH appeared, with Jake at his heel... Jake had gone into the garden, round to the front door that we had left open and gone for a wee investigation around the whole house! my OH said he got the fright of his life, as he was walking up the stairs, looked up and there was Jake staring down at him worse though, was that Jake was carrying a decorative cone (like one from a tree) that are in a dish in OH's mums bedroom!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Cherry is usually very well-behaved but one day when our car was in for a service we decided to go on a coach trip to the beach....

The dogs had been on a bus before but this was a large coach with 3 very high steps up to the driver. Cherry must have thought she was at agility class as she jumped up the 3 steps then began jumping from 1 seat to another! She ended up with her paws on a passenger's raincoat before I could grab her! Her feet were wet too as it had been raining heavily. I was mortified as normally she is so good when you take her out anywhere.

We hid low at the back of the coach after that.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3