View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Tonight Rupert took off after a cat. He wears a muzzle off leash because he has caught and killed several animals and the cat did escape after a race across the field. When we got home we spent about 15-20 minutes picking burrs out of his paws, eyebrows, ears and beard.

Egyptgal, Rupe's a sheep chaser and screams bloody murder at the mere sight of them. Luckily I knew his background when I adopted him so we've never had the situation arise where he could chase them.
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Milo is an underwear thief used or clean old or new he's not fussed he seems to have an underwear fetish LOL not good when your company is selling lingerie and you recieve daily parcels of underwear and you know it has to be well hidden from the dog!! I don't think many ppl would buy 'dog chewed pants'

Molly is a food fiend and will go to greta lengths to try and convince you she is a poor starved pup who just needs all your dinner

Abra is getting to his 'teenage' phase ...need I say anymore than that? but his fetish appears to be shoes the newer the better LOL

But my dogs aren't norty at all at least thats what they'll tell you
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Right where do I start.

I once took Kiera and Sadie for a walk around one of two of our local country parks - Ulley. ANd Kiera had a food aggression problem being the only one of thirteen puppies that survived in her litter (Poor breeding if you ask me) still she was a lovely dog other than that. Her and Sadie who is normally good, not perfect, decided to steal a packet of eels off a fisherman, luckily they were sealed so I wrestled them off Kiera - I've got scars to prove it and gave them back to the man.

At this same country park, before the rehabilitation, there was a great big hill with a flood drain about 8ft across and 10ft deep, Sadie knows she isnt to go down there and so Sadie went on a mad moment and did her unstoppable running where there is no listening to anyone, anyway she went across the bridge over this waterway, did a collie turn and tried to make this jump, I'm stood in horror as she hits her head on the concrete and falls into 4 ft of water. I couldnt reach, had to tie kiera up so she didnt try and jump in. Tied my foot to the fence near the water way, tried to lower myself in and still couldnt reach her. After about 20 minutes of trying and shouting help, some nice man came and jumped down into the water way, helped sadie up, got himself up using a tree root that i didnt see on the side and just walked off. I was like "urm thanks" but he was gone before I could say it to him. I was too shaken to tell Sadie off and I'm there thinking she has to go to the vets she'll have broken something, she got up, shook herself off and ran and swam in the water with Kiera as if nothing had happened, she only has a bump on her snout to show of this story.

There was also a time recently where Louie and Sadie were watching me eat spaghetti on toast, I got up to get a drink and they know "leave" especially Sadie and Louie follows her example, I left it on the coffee table. The next thing I know, my spaghetti was on the cream carpet and sadie had toast in her mouth. Needless to say they didnt get their breakfast.

My Dad also had a problem with the dogs too, Sadie, isnt our dog, but has wrecked our lawn, wee stains on expensive turf...we have another lawn that isnt expensively turf but the dogs like the turf. Louie and Sadie and Tyson were also playing on the garden, Tyson a big rottie and Louie went on a mad run and ran into my dad's greenhouse, that was £40 I had to give him out of my saving money to pay for the glass. Damn dogs.

And one more, Louie who is turning out to be a real clown, has found out how to get into a pedal bin, after my brother decided it was funny whenever he pushed the pedal louie would bark at the lid. So now we have to get a new bin.

I dont think naughty is the word, funny but possible dangerous is another.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
Milo is an underwear thief used or clean old or new he's not fussed he seems to have an underwear fetish LOL not good when your company is selling lingerie and you recieve daily parcels of underwear and you know it has to be well hidden from the dog!! I don't think many ppl would buy 'dog chewed pants'

Molly is a food fiend and will go to greta lengths to try and convince you she is a poor starved pup who just needs all your dinner

Abra is getting to his 'teenage' phase ...need I say anymore than that? but his fetish appears to be shoes the newer the better LOL
you think thats bad? Dutch is all 3 of those! lol!

He stares at you while your eating giving you the big puppy dog eyes, and he'll do anything for biscuit!
He also feels the need to chew on underwear and socks. And he wont give them up because he's stubborn and going through his 'im not going to listen to you' teenage stage!

he actually swallowed a sock one time. i didnt even know until he threw it up later that day! Straight to the vets but there were no more in there! little sod!

Lately though he's started ripping the wallpaper off the wall! he must think its great fun. i guess he's suggesting its time we redecorated! lol
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Missy is usually a good dog, nothing bad just amusing little dog things.
BUT when I started seeing my now fiancee 3 years ago she wasn't too happy about this strange man taking up so much of her humans time. We were watching tv and she came trotting into the room with a pair of old 'comfy' knickers in her mouth and plonked them at o/h's feet, she then sat there with her tongue hanging out like she was laughing!- I could have died.. She also took to chewing up any of his socks she could find.

When she was about 6 months old I had her over the park and she took a flying jump and stole a sandwich out of a toddlers hand, the dad was cracking up laughing but the mum was fuming - Missy was happy she had a jam sandwich!

It is si hard to be angry at them when they can be so funny - def make you feel good after a long hard day!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Between them, Max and Murphy have eaten over 15 dog beds (cushion, plastic and wicker), as well as 3 or 4 quilts.

Max can open the fridge, microwave and bread bin; and both of them are accomplished counter surfers.

They have eaten/damaged:
A whole Battenburg cake (from the bread bin)
2 BlueTooth hands-free earsets and a charger
A pair of rubber/plastic overshoes
2 lots of carpet tiles
3 lots of lino
2 lots of carpet
Various scarves, gloves, hats; that have been left on the side in the kitchen.
More food scraps and meals than I have counted

I even once found Murphy on the floor licking a pair of brand-new, razor sharp topiary shears. He had got them from the top of the microwave, where they were vacuum sealed in plastic, in a sealed jiffy bag, inside a carrier bag. He had ripped open all the packaging and was licking the oil off the blades....
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 01:50 PM
My mom was kid/dog sitting over night and the dogs wouldn't settle we thought it was because i had never been away overnight and they were missing mom Turns out they were fighting over a large full tub of sudacreme!!! it was empty by morning the little monkeys had very grey slimy poohs for a few days
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Mine seem to drive OH crazy but really they arent too bad! Simbas the norty one, Flint is usually an angel but he has his moments.
Simba has eaten a new rug that we bought for our dining area, hes eaten the knobs off OHs Xbox control [lol] And we bought a lovely new bedspread and the first night...guese what...yes! We woke up with a big hole in it lol
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I realise this sounds like the run up to a joke but it's true!

Last month one of the dogs belonging to my sister decided to rip most the plants out of her boarders, no sooner had she re-planted them he went & pulled them up again.
I couldn't resist pointing out that 'he is a boarder collie!'

She wasn't amused.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Dahlia is usually a very good dog, but once in awhile she misbehaves. The main subject of her misbehavior? Butter. Yes that's right, butter. My partner sometimes forgets to put the stick back in the fridge after he makes his breakfast and then leaves for work.

What does Dahlia do? Well, first she grabs it. Then, as far as we can tell, takes it into our bedroom, gets on our bed with it, chews on it, somehow manages to cut her nose while chewing it or trying to open it or something, gets blood spattered paw prints all over the bed (this last time she got it on the bottom sheet, top sheet, and ALL FOUR PILLOWCASES), and then hides the butter underneath my pillow.

We've yet to figure out how she cuts her nose, but every time this happens (maybe once every 5-6 months), she ends up looking like this:

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >