View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes, all the time if we have Mack with us,Meggie alone, and we get stopped every five seconds. The annoying thing is, Meg just wants to get on with her walk, and it is poor Mack that loves people

It can irritate me, but it no longer upsets me. XXXX
IHG
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Friends of ours have Akita's and live in a Cul-de-Sac. The road comes in to it from their end and at the other is a little snicket through to the main road. To walk down their road and through the snicket is a couple of hundred yards, to go round is nearly a mile but we know and have seen people go the long way round to avoid the 'massive and vicious Akita's at number X' Even some other residents of the 'Sac' walk round. Funny though, they don't mind that this 'rep' keeps the idiots well away from their road....
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Some people do try & avoid me & my girl (lab.) because as a last resort I have to put a basket muzzle on her as she does like a 'clean environment' and has made herself very poorly on 2 occassions so I won't take the risk anymore. On few occassions they have had a real go at me saying things like I should keep a dangerous dog on a lead etc-when I've had enough of them ranting I show them just how dangerous she is and take her muzzle off praying that she doesn't run off and eat something!! (it would help if irresponsible dog owners cleaned up after their dog!!!)
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
someone crossed the road to avoid jobie the other day when he had his muzzle on, i don't really care though. just means i don't have to tell him that not everyone wants to say hi to him (again )
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2009, 08:54 PM
One woman in the park avoids me when I'm out with my friend. I have a golden retriever and my friend a newfoundland, our crime is having 2 big dogs off leash (under control) and her cavalier doesn't like big dogs even though he's never been close to us!
I try not to judge a dog until I've met it and it's actually done something I don't like.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
the only dogs i avoid are a group that walk round our way - 4 older women with one lab a giant schnauzer and small black terrier - numerous times i have had to lift china into my arms because they storm at her and try to get her....multiple arguments have ensued and ended up with a badly bruised upper arm after the lab, Zack went for me....turns out he has attacked multiple people - one man wasnt even with a dog - just emptying the bins!

and then there is a man with a VERY big boxer i have met the boxer on my own and he is a sweety with people but with china - nah ah!

goes for her everytime and the guy lets him lunge at her and try and go for her and says "oooh hes too strong...." but rick has grabbed the boxers lead before and dragged him away and this guy is bigger than rick! he just like to encourage his dog to attack for some reason - its bizarre - again its one that is known in the area....

other than that im happy to meet other dogs - until i know they are not good for her i dont stop her meeting any!

as for people avoiding china - well....a couple but the child was petrified of dogs after being attacked and the other, their maltese had been badly attacked -

so whilst china palyed with their chihauhau the maltese gained a little confidence and sniffed her then backed off - the family were happy she even went near -

Other than that pretty much everyone in our area knows us and knows china for the affectionate unbeleivably nosy dog she is!!!

I am (ironically) wary of staffies - until ive had a chance to suss the owner out, if they dont look like a chav then ill give it a chance - cautiously - but she doesnt tend to get on very well with staffies....

alex
xx
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I have two DDB and we rarely get avoided
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6