View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 09:55 AM
HRH Nova sleeps on Russ' bed in my room, the others, Cody, Ben and Tally all sleep in the kitchen. Ben sleeps in a large dog bed with a double duvet in it, Tally sleeps on a cane chair and Cody sleeps on a 2 seater sofa which just fits him nicely. During the summer months whilst the weather is like it is right now I leave the back door open all night for them and the fan on low. Nova and I have another fan on upstairs. Ben will often leave his nice comfortable bed and lay on the hard floor, I don't know why - he has always done it. You would think as an old codger he would prefer to be comfortable.

I have had 13 years of Nova on my bed but not anymore, it would seem she prefers Russ' beanbag, I am obviously surplus to requirements now!!! No more vizzie cuddles!!!!!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I think I can put it down to the heat then

I do like her coming up in bed for cuddles but even at this age she is learning the trick of gradually pushing me out of the bed with her 'stretching'

So trying to re-enforce the cuddles when we are reading and then down onto her bed when lights out (her bed is right next to me anyway) . Seems to be working... sometimes.

Like the reply duboing

Berger - dont worry wont be much longer!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Agree with the rest, definitely the heat. Cassie's doing the same but sleeping under the bed in case she misses anything LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Max use to sleep on our bed then as he got older he laid on the landing.Zanta never slept on the bed she always preferred to sleep downstairs.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Benji always used to sleep on Lauras bed up until a few weeks ago when she had a sleepover at her friends for a couple of nights, and he slept in my bedroom, in his bed on the floor next to my bed. Anyway ever since I haven't been able to get rid of him - he insists he sleeps in my bedroom - and he snores My bedroom is a lot cooler though than Lauras so maybe thats why he likes it
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Benji always used to sleep on Lauras bed up until a few weeks ago when she had a sleepover at her friends for a couple of nights, and he slept in my bedroom, in his bed on the floor next to my bed. Anyway ever since I haven't been able to get rid of him - he insists he sleeps in my bedroom - and he snores My bedroom is a lot cooler though than Lauras so maybe thats why he likes it

I dont blaim him, Would you like to sleep with a load of 14 year olds?
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Suki still sleeps beside us although the past few weeks she's been going off to bed by herself now early in the evening.

She either falls asleep in our bed or in her own bed - although she still creeps up onto our bed at some point during the night! Keep waking up with cramp in my legs

Of course during the week when I'm not here OH has said she is in my side of the bed!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Hi guys, don’t know whether its something to do with the heat or not, but for the last three nights Roxy has fallen asleep on the sofa in the lounge (as usual) but then wont come through to bed with us, when we get up and walk off. Which she’s ALWAYS done, in fact even if we go to the loo she has to wake up and come follow us.

So anyway my OH said “oh, well, just leave her there she’s obviously comfy” So we did, and I found it a little tough to be honest,
Hi Dobie girl I would say it is the heat but whatever the cause independance is a good thing and should be encouraged.

It is lovely having our dogs with us all the time but it is good for dogs to get used to having some time apart from us day and night, this can save them stress in the future and if they will do this willingly all the better
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Dobie girl I would say it is the heat but whatever the cause independance is a good thing and should be encouraged.

It is lovely having our dogs with us all the time but it is good for dogs to get used to having some time apart from us day and night, this can save them stress in the future and if they will do this willingly all the better

Thanks, that good to know Mini, I do want her to be more independent, just also hoping this wasn't her 'rebellious stage' just yet.

Although she has been rebellious since day 1
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Couldn't agree more. Blondi will usually sleep in the bedroom if my partner goes to bed. However, she works all night sometimes (Social Workers for you!) and on those nights Blondi will rarely, if ever, venture into the bedroom.

At first, I confess, I was a little anxious about it, believing that perhaps she didn't like me that much. However, she's fine with me in every other way, so I figure she trusts me enough to take care of myself.

I really think it's nice to see a dog be able to take time off and just relax on their own, worry free.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2