View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 05:48 AM
It's an awful decision to have to make and I went through the same with my elderly girlie earlier this year. The lovely vet who came out said 'it was absolutely the right decision' and I have no doubt that I did the right thing for her.

It's the last kindness we can do for them.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Oh Maureen - there is nothing I can say that has not already been said.

Thinking of you (((hugs))) xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Maureen, I know what you are going through and I agree, better a bit earlier than a day too late.. I have been there and promised myself not to let that happen again but you can't help it.. there is always the thought in the back of your mind that maybe "tomorrow" they are a bit better.. Sadly that isn't true.. I remember my boy looking at me almost begging me to help him as he could hardly get up and even going to the toilet was a struggle.. one day ( which was the day of decisions ) it took him nearly all day to get the strength together to have a quick stumble out of our gate to have a poo.. and he just looked at me with sad eyes.. I knew then that I could not let him go on.. he was a proud boy and I just could not see him suffer anymore.. My vet told me that the Mastin Espanol have such a high pain threshold that they could go on forever but it was the look in his eyes that told me he had enough..
Did not make the decision any easier but I knew we did the right thing.. the vet came round to us and he was pts in my arms... The eyes tell all..
wishing you strength with whatever you decide.. we would all like them to pass away peacefully but that does not happen very often
thinking of you and big hugs xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Thank you all so much again
I took him out for a walk this a.m and he seemed a bit better and I somehow felt almost disappointed because it made me think twice about letting him go-does that sound awful??
Then he went to have a poo and fell backwards.

Since I typed the previous bit,our son came and we talked about Buster and he agreed that his quality of life was very poor
So Alan(O.H)is going up to chat to the vet to arrange for her to come out-either tomorrow or Friday.
Im sitting here crying now -our 2 remaining cats are here with me
All I can think of is our house without any dogs and seeing Busters Aktivait tablets in the drawer and his lead in the porch.

Im so grateful to all of you as I dont feel so alone
My heart goes out especially to anyone who is facing this decision today

Thank you for the cyber hugs too
God bless
Maureen
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 01:20 PM
So sorry Maureen, thinking of you during these difficult times.. You are doing what's right.. big hugs, Eva x
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I feel for you ,it's hard to be brave when your heart is breaking.

I have a dog who has lived way beyond the average life span for the breed, I know I'm going to be where you are now sooner rather than later and just the thought of it brings tears. When our BC was PTS I couldn't stay in the room, my OH stayed, he was his dog.

I'm so scared that I will not be able to cope when the time comes, she is 100% my dog, I will have to be there with her.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I am so very sorry Maureen - I hope Buster has an peaceful passing. (((hugs))) xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Alan has gone to the vets and Im in bits.
I have asked him not to stay with me and Buster when the vet comes out,as he freaked out when our cat Dougal was put to sleep and I cant stay strong for both of us.

Your posts are really helping me to try and get through the next few days

I love Buster so much-he was the "dad" to our cats especially Dougal who followed him round and put his paws round Busters neck as if he were giving him a hug.
I didnt expect to lose 3 in the last 18 mths-though I knew that it could happen as they were all the same age.

Another thing that I keep thinking of is that in June I had an operation for bunions on both feet and couldnt walk him for about 10 weeks
I know its stupid but I will never get that chance again now-I would have never had the operation if I had known he was going to leave us so soon after.
Sorry for the rambling-just feel so lost.
Go bless you all again for your kind thoughts
Maureen
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Thank you all so much again
I took him out for a walk this a.m and he seemed a bit better and I somehow felt almost disappointed because it made me think twice about letting him go-does that sound awful??
Then he went to have a poo and fell backwards.

Since I typed the previous bit,our son came and we talked about Buster and he agreed that his quality of life was very poor
So Alan(O.H)is going up to chat to the vet to arrange for her to come out-either tomorrow or Friday.
Im sitting here crying now -our 2 remaining cats are here with me
All I can think of is our house without any dogs and seeing Busters Aktivait tablets in the drawer and his lead in the porch.

Im so grateful to all of you as I dont feel so alone
My heart goes out especially to anyone who is facing this decision today

Thank you for the cyber hugs too
God bless
Maureen
I think you've just described very well what every one goes through, I know I have felt the very same.

Especially when Spud died a few months ago as he was the one that came everywhere with me, being in the car without him was so difficult, as was putting away his things.

It's a funny thing that feeling of wanting it all to be over, It's sort of, you don't want to let them go, but at the same time, you don't want to be feeling this horrible horrible dread, of what needs to be done.

My thoughts are with you x
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 03:06 PM
sending ((Hugs)) to you all.
Linda x
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »