View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I would have been annoyed too Star always get put on the lead if I see people approaching with their dog on the lead. Given the chance she would run up to the other dog bounding about and wanting to play so she does not get the chance to do it.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 02:34 PM
well Laura you are a better person than i am as i would of had to have a go at him. Tara is also dog agressive. when other dogs are about she is on lead all the time but if im going some where, where i can see on coming dogs then i do let her off but if i see any 1 comeing with a dog she and the other 2 get put back on the leads or she gets put back on and the other to are told to sit and stay until the dog has passed.
i have been very luck as ppl see me and the dogs and all dogs are called back right away i dread to think that this may happen to me 1 day.
reggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 02:49 PM
i no how you feel i have the same with one of my staffys. other people just dont think and are inconsiderate. i hate them
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

21-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi Laura,

I had kinds the same thing happen the other day.....i had been outwith Sky and was on way home past the houses at top of my street......there is a couple there that have 2 wiemeranas (sorry sp).......as I was walking past with Sky virtually skipping to get home to see "Dad".....suddenly the door of the house opens and the woman is coming thru the door way....just at that she is virually pushed aside as the female Wiem comes crashing out the door and runs straight up to us thankfully she stopped about 1 ft further that Sky lead can reach and was standing have a wee murmer....well Sky went balistic....but was in her harness on her lead..she was going nowhere!......the woman was standing saying "storm, storm come to mum"..yeah right!.....I had to ask to come and get her dog and the look that I got should have metled me on the spot and she just looked at Sky shook her head and tutted...well I could not keep my mouth shut....i told at least my bloody dog was onthe lead and that we were not the problem her and her damn dog were.....I about turned and had to virtually drag sky for the first 2 meters before she turned around and started to walk with me......god knows what I would have done if she had not come and got her dog.....cause I did not fancy trying to seperate a wiem and Sky.....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 04:02 PM
HI Laura

I started a very long thread about this and it is VERY annoying - I had the same thing at the weekend - I was out walking with my mum at her bit with bruno ( who as you know is like ur KIp ( ears included LOL ) and doesnt like other dogs. WE were walkign along the old railway line - Bruno on his extension lead -I was very happy as Bruno had met lots of dogs and was being nice to them as they were all controlled and on leads - walking towards us was a woman with a largish dog - off lead - she quite clerly watched me pull bruno into to me off his extending lead.

he was walking at my side - she didnt call her dog back - even although my mum said - he isnt friendly - her dog picked up speed charged towards Bruno - right at his face - he lunged for it and tried to bite it !

At this point she called on her dog - which had backed away anyway BUT still never put it on its lead - Bruno was not a happy bunny, I was raging - she shot me the dirtiest look you could imagine and tutted at BRUNO !!

By this point my mum opened her mouth - and said You should have ur dog on a lead - and the woman just stared at her.

Honestly - it makes my dog ten times worse if I have to pull him into me to effectively protect someone elses dog - That woman was completely out of line and in my opinion totally selfish.

so annoying !!
My mum couldnt beleive it - think she now appreciates why I go on about it so much !!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 04:06 PM
It makes you mad doesnt it Sponge & Dani, obviously a common occurence. I cannot understand why people have such little regard for their animals they let them get away with things like that and also put themselves in dangerous situations....all for what to walk off lead. I am sorry but I have said it before I cannot for the life of me understand why people dont put dogs on lead when there are other animals around, whether their dogs are good or not is not always the problem and it saves a whole load of trouble. Why cant people do this, cant they be bothered or is it just complete ignorance. I dont really have a problem with completley steady dogs that just walk on by without bothering but generally that doesnt happen....grrr
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:08 PM
dotn know if you looked at the outdoor access code thing that has been advertised on the telly recently about this very thing - Its code for dog walking is when there are other animals around ( and it does not specify which animals) then dogs should be on lead or under control and as far as I am concerned dogs which run up to other dogs ( Unless they know said dogs) are not under control.
makes me mad and it happens on a daily basis - yet if my dog did damage to said animal charging at him - which if I dont reel him in he would then it would be me that would be getting it from the other dog owner !!

dani
dani
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2