Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 04:53 PM
haha

i found a spider tonight - behind one of my rugs - it was one of them spiders lol!!!

scary wasnt the word - i got my spade and squished it against the wall!! !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm outta here!!!!!!

There was a chap on This Morning the other day talking about the black widow spider, and apparently we've now got them in the UK and guess where???????? 3 miles away from my place!!!!!! He said they were all along the sussex coast but most prevailant in Worthing, Sussex!!! OMG, I might have to sell up now!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 08:57 PM
The good old garden spider We've got one in our kitchen at the moment (I don't mind providing it earns it's keep )

I used to have a big phobia of spiders until I moved here. I will look at them now, but still can't bring myself to touch them. Living in a house as old as this one, we get our fair share of spiders, big and small.

Looks like I won't be visiting you any time soon H
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Lol Wolfie!! There won't be any in MY house I can assure you!!!! Georgieboy's my spiderman, he finds them a great delicacy!!!!!

I'll never forget one morning I came home from the stables and put the kettle on. As I walked across the kitchen I felt something scratching my neck and of course I thought it was a bit of hay I'd got stuck there, so I flicked it off with my hand, and guess what went flying across the kitchen and landed on the worktop????????? The biggest, most humungous spider I have ever seen I just collapsed on the floor and phoned Dave for some reassurance to get home quick I needed spider patrol immediately!!! He left me to it unfortunately!!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:36 AM
I'll make arrangements to come down when your 'lovely spiders' aren't around
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Ohhh I found one on my net curtains in the kitchen this mornings (shivers violently)
A few years ago I'd have run screaming in the other direction but a few face to face encounters with the Huntsman spiders in Oz have made me braver
Well as brave as a pint glass & a magazine over the top before hurling it into next doors garden (sorry Mr Spider I thought you would like to fly )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm glad I don't live next door to you Nicky Now those huntsmen's are something else aren't they
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm glad I don't live next door to you Nicky Now those huntsmen's are something else aren't they

The Huntsmans really are something else, even the big, brave OH refusesd to go through the bathroom door when one was sitting above it & and after seeing how quick they move & watching one attack a stick that it was touched with I have a healthy (& distant ) respect for them
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2