Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:23 AM

Chloe Sick Again? :(

Hey,

Just thought i'd let you guys know that we're having problems with Chloe AGAIN! I think i posted last week about how Chloe was very sick after being sedated for an x ray on her leg.. She was looking really unwell and had diarrhea with blood in it. Well, we'd taken her back to the vet and they said she was ok, and she'd seemed fine. But i took her swimming yesterday and she just wouldn't do it. She sat at the end of the pool and just refused to swim. When they made her get into the water she tried to climb out of the pool. This is really not like Chloe as she usually loves swimming so they took her out of the pool.
Anyway on the way back to the car she went to the toilet as she usually does (must be the chlorine!) and it had blood in it again It wasn't very much but any is enough to make you worry!!

We phoned the vet and we have to take her back Monday, and keep an eye this weekend to see if there's any more blood. There hasn't been so far but it is very worrying... Poor little Chloe
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Sorry to hear about Chloe, Jessica I know how worrying it is when something is wrong with your dog, I went through it last year with our GSD who had good days and bad days and it was really upsetting watching him I hope that Chloe is back to normal again soon, maybe its something like Helena54 had with her dog this week and her dog seems to be on the way to recovery now Hope things get better very soon
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2005, 09:08 AM
poor Chloe I hope she picks up a bit today.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Oh Jessica not again..I wonder if the anaesthetic originally upset Chloe's tummy and made her susceptible to tummy upset, the other thing is as with humans operations/any attack on the body seems to affect the antibodies and capacity to fight things off, I think sometimes dogs pick things up in the vets surgery too.. I do so hope Chloe will be back to normal soon..it must seem never ending for you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi Jessica. I expect you know I had this with Cassie his week and she was at the vets for 2 days on a drip, but is absolutely fine now, thank God, so I know how worried you are! Just as a matter of interest, whilst I was waiting to collect her in their surgery, a woman came in with 2 gorgeous flatcoats, and one of them threw up and that had blood in it, and the woman said she had diarrhea too with blood, sooooo, I am just wondering if there is a very nasty bug going around (not that I'm in your area I know!) and maybe Chloe picked something up whilst in the surgery? Don't worry too much because I expect they've put her on antibiotics? That should hopefully clear it up for poor Chloe as it has done with my Cassie. I wish you all the very best, and try not to worry too much, easier said than done thoughwhen you see blood in their poo!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone

It is very worrying and im so glad to hear Cassie is doing better Helena We were thinking that maybe Chloe picked something up while she was at the vets, but of course they said not She's not on anything at the moment, they did give her an injection which i think was antiboitics when we took her last week for a check up, but they said she was fine! She's going back to the vet tomorrow i think so hopefully they'll have some answers. She seems perfectly happy again today so maybe, as Minihaha said, she's just a bit more susceptible to getting an upset tummy and the chlorine may have caused it? Hopefully its nothing too serious though.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Poor chloe What a horrid time you are having jess Give her a big hug from me and the boys, and i hope she feels better soon. (((hugs))) xxxxx
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Awww poor Chloe, I hope she'll get better really soon. Nothing worse than seeing your dog unwell
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2005, 01:24 PM
I hope Chloe is feeling much better - its always a worry when they are not well
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Poor you and chloe she has really had it bad these last few months, just hope she gets better soon, let us know how she gets on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >