Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
More levels (10 to 127) so the dog can be catered for indivadually.

Adam
127!!!! If a dog can feel 10.. - ouch!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
More levels (10 to 127) so the dog can be catered for indivadually.

Before it was just one high level (way higher than any modern collar).

Adam
So you can torture a dog carefully. That doesn`t sound like much of an improvement to me.
You hurt dogs so they do what you want. That is abusive behaviour.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I doubt Crysania is a dog. Therefore this is nonsense.
You don't know that. Maybe I am! Maybe I figured out how to type with my paws! Maybe...

Ok...you're right. It's utter nonsense.

I cannot understand how Adam thinks shocks do not equal pain. We have ALL dealt with static electricity and it is painful!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Well it was, so believe what you want lol!

She could certainly spell better than me lol.

Adam
We will I doubt many will take your word for it Adam.

And on that note I think it's fair to highlight that I think many would also disagree with you on your training methods, especially because you use, in most people's minds, out-dated, barbaric, cruel methods.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Electric shock doesn't equal pain!

Adam
Oh yes it does!
Pantomime season not over yet I see.
Have you read 1984 Adam - your thinking seems to come straight from Orwell`s Ministry of Truth.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I cannot understand how Adam thinks shocks do not equal pain. We have ALL dealt with static electricity and it is painful!
And we associate the pain with a source - a fence to keep sheep in, or static from a handrail.. a dog doesn't!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Electric shock doesn't equal pain!
Do you really think we're stupid or something?

You must do if you're trying to tell us electric shocks don't hurt!

Have you tried wiring yourself up to an electric plug socket? Did it hurt? I wouldn't advise it btw - you might die!!!!!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
We will I doubt many will take your word for it Adam.
Not to mention that's the perfect thing. Of course "she" spells better than him. He either made darn sure that he looked over the responses or had someone else write them so that they didn't look like they came from him. Way too obvious.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 06:08 PM
E collars can't physically hurt the dog! Did the video actually suggest that or is that your opinion?

Btw havn't watched the vid as compute is sh*t.

Do these dogs look brain damaged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQfZ9gi7hg8

Adam

E collars are used at the lowest level the dog feels, they indicate they felt it by looking around or flicking their ears when they feel the stim. Is looking around,flicking the ears ect a sign of pain?

While I haven't seen the vid (computer) I believe that it simply used strong positive punishment to demonstrate/create a avoidance response to a specific stimulus. This positive punishment happened to be a static stimulus. They could equally have beaten the dog with a lead or kicked it. So by your logic leads/feet ect are bad!

The strong punishment is not my style of using e collars and I don't know anyone else who does it either!
Why?
A, e collars are not made strong enough for this! All e collars currently available are designed to work at a very low level of sensation. They simply aren't capable of producing high levels of punishment so people don't/can't use them as the russian scientist did.

B, Big punishment is (outside of a scientific setting) quite difficult to apply practically!

C, Its much more effective to use the e collar as neg reinforment (pressure and release) to train alternative behaviours.

When I started e collar researching I was amazed that the trainers used excatly the same princples as reward based trainers, just with an additional style of reinforcment.

Adam
Try copying the link, sometimes works for my computer (not atm though lol)

Azz

Stim is not the reward, stopping the stim is, its called negative reinforcement.

Electric at a low level doesn't hurt. If it did the dogs would yelp/jump ect. They don't!

Reward based methods may not inflict pain (e collars don't either!) but they still cause stress and frustration.

Adam
Sorry missed this.

Collars have different levels because dogs have different sensitivity. Level one on many collars won't be felt by most dogs. The collars still have level one because a minority of dogs may feel it.

Remember just because it hurts you doesn't mean it could hurts the dog! I wouldn't swim in my local lake because the cold water would be very uncomfortable/painful atm, my dogs however have no issue with it!

Adam
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=122571&page=3

I don't know what videos your talking about. I also really don't need advice. I need a professional trainer to work with me directly. I've heard amazing things about him from people who have actually used him here in Plymouth. I'm more inclined to trust the results I see first hand from people who have dogs who I've known for years. I appreciate the good gestures but I truly am, for now, only interested in getting in touch with Adam.

How come people are saying this about me then?

Adam
Adam I continue to find your posts very worrying - you seem to demonstrate at every turn that you do not truly understand dog behaviour - just the desired results that you get quickly.

You seem to be almost understanding here when you say that just because we feel pain does not mean the dog does....surely you can see that this also goes the other way?

I Will say again - dogs are Stoic creatures - who will often not respond to pain for various reasons. One being fear - if you are afraid it is not not wise (from an animals POV) to show pain, that would make you vulnerable.
In high adrenalin situations you will find the same.

Thinking that a Yelp/Jump is the only way you would know this again demonstrates a lack of understanding of animals full stop.

Something tells me you don't want to understand as you 'see' what you want.

As to people saying that - it says far more to me about today society and wanting everything now...without the work or effort being put in to do it kindly.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
weve all seen adams "training" vids now , & theres no doubt that the dogs are scared & abused.
Agree, sadly

Wys
x
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 206 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 58 108 > Last »