Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 05:07 PM

Entire Male's behavior change to spayed female

I have no experience of entire males except the o/h's so i dont know if this is normal or not.

Des (spayed female) recently started cleaning herself a lot than usual (a lot more) so i thought maybe she had a water infection, dragged her to the vets and all is fine, she's stopped paying attention to herself but now someone else is

Rof is licking her pee and will not leave her back end alone, he has shown a lot of "mating" behaviour towards her, Shila (another spayed female) has shown no interest in des or her pee etc etc just Rof.

Des has been spayed for 4 years and was given a clear bill of health from the vet so im thinking maybe its Rof, is this a normal entire male behaviour?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Has she played with an in-season bitch lately? My entire male has never shown interest in my spayed bitch.
Are you sure there isn`t a medical issue with her?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 05:50 PM
My 'entire' male (a rig) tied with a spayed bitch---so it does happen!

rune
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Has she played with an in-season bitch lately? My entire male has never shown interest in my spayed bitch.
Are you sure there isn`t a medical issue with her?
The vets have cleared her, and her "attention" to herself has died down a lot, should i just keep a eye on her? we did go to all about dogs on Sunday and there was definatly a bitch in season there but i dont think we came across her x

Originally Posted by rune View Post
My 'entire' male (a rig) tied with a spayed bitch---so it does happen!

rune
I've heard it happening with freshly spayed bitches but not 4 years down the line x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 07:28 PM
This was with a lab who was about 6 and had been spayed as a youngster. The consensus of opinion was that she maybe had bits left in that shouldn't have been---she stood for him quite happily and they were tied for about 5 mins.

I have no idea why it happened!

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 07:31 PM
have u checked her anal glands?

how old is rof?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Rof's 6, i dont know how to check anal glands

Just put them out to pee and he wont leave her in peace bless her, he's just paying a lot of attention to her and she's not liking it at all x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Rof's 6, i dont know how to check anal glands

Just put them out to pee and he wont leave her in peace bless her, he's just paying a lot of attention to her and she's not liking it at all x
does Rolf spend lot of times with the girls?is he normally like this around bitches? if he does and its unusual,my thinking is....if she doesnt have a uti it could be her anal glands attracting him,
or,theres been a bitch in season hes interacted with or smelt locally,
or,Rolf may have a hormone driven problem(is he well?testicles the same size?weeing a nice strong stream?)
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
does Rolf spend lot of times with the girls?
He's always with them,
is he normally like this around bitches? no this has only just started, it started a few days after Des started with her ladt bits
if he does and its unusual,my thinking is....if she doesnt have a uti it could be her anal glands attracting him,
or,theres been a bitch in season hes interacted with or smelt locally,
or,Rolf may have a hormone driven problem(is he well?testicles the same size?
Bathed him this afternoon n had to do his bits n yeah all is fine size wise down there
weeing a nice strong stream?)
he does seem to be
Would it be worth taking him to the vets again (bl**dy dog lol) x
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2011, 08:10 AM
My money is on blocked anal glands. My boys were once very interested in Sapphire even though she was not in season. She had blocked anal glands and things improved once I had expressed them - not a job for the faint hearted !! Your vet or groomer will do this for you !

Thalice's Mum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >