View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 08:04 PM
The earliest books that stand out in my memory are Enid Blyton's Famous Five books and a series of books by Carolyn Keene called The Nancy Drew Mysteries.

My all time favourite book is The Thorn Birds though. I read it for English Class at school. I was off sice when the books were chosen and this one was left behind because of how thick it was...I sailed through it and loved every page...got an A on my book report too
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I remember reading lots of Enid Blyton books as a child before moving onto the pony books by Josephine Pullen-Thompson, I thoroughly enjoyed the Narnia books,Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn and Black Beauty......then there were the 'Silver Brumby' series of books by Elyne Mitchell - loved them!

At junior school we read a book called 'Cider with Rosie' by Laurie Lee which I found enthralling, and I have re-read this as an adult. Gerald Durrells books about his fascinating life, 'My Family and Other Animals' and 'Catch me a Colubus' are among them. Gerald Durrell was a very interesting man who did such a lot for conservation.

I enjoy reading, as you can probably tell, I love Horror and Sci-fi, I remember reading, as a young teen, books by Isaac Asimov, one of the greatest Sci-fi writers of all time IMO.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 11:28 PM
My cousin was a teacher and every christmas used to get a complete set if enid blyton.
I remeberstarting with the golliwog and pigs and finishing with st claires and mallory towers.
I stil say she made me the reader I am today and she introduced me to Tolkien when I was about 10 been a life long fan every since
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 11:41 PM
I first read Peter Rabbit and still remains to this day to be one of my favourite books
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5