Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 10:05 PM

Nil By Mouth

This movie was on TV earlier this week and i missed it so ordered it from Amazon (only £5 on DVD!!!) and watched it last night. I found it really disturbing and kind of hard to watch but it is a fantastic film!

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think of it? I have to say, i was quite shocked when i saw that Gary Oldman had written and directed it!! He's always been a favourite actor of mine but i didn't think he was a director as well - He's very good!

Oooh, and this film uses the 'f-word' more times than any other film apparently.. Once every 3 seconds!!! I really do believe thats true as well!

P.S. It definately is an 18 for a reason and i wouldn't suggest letting kids watch it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Gary Oldman based it on his father. It's tough to watch, but one of my favourite films starring my all time fave actor and actress (Ray Winston and Kathy Burke). If you want something a little more lighthearted, but with the same actors, try Love, Honour and Obey - fabulous and very funny
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow... I didn't know he based it on his father! I really hope he exaggerated it a bit I do know that his sister is Janet in the film though

Ray Winstone is fantastic in it. I've not really seen many movies with him but am definately going to try and check some out, he's a really good actor!!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 10:26 PM
i watched it but have seen it before!!it's a very disturbing film but sadly very true to life unfortuntately!!gary oldman's sister was also in it she played kathy burke's mum,shes also in eastenders now as big mo!! soz jess was typing at a snails pace hence the same info as your post!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Ray Winston's done some great movies. Try Sexy Beast - another really good one. War Zone is also very cutting edge, but is about paedophilia, so not for the faint hearted. His very first film was "Scum" - he only looks about 16 in it - another violent one, but worth watching. There are others - do a google on Ray Winston films and it'll give you the lot. Any reviews you want, just ask, I've seen the lot!