Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:33 PM

Two Crazy dogs

Archie and Kato (the crazy cocker spaniel I'm puppysitting) have been chasing each other around for almost 3 hours!

The thing is I think they're both tired and a bit grumpy cos they're getting a bit growly I'm paranoid and I've removed all of Archie's toys cos they were getting growly earlier, but I'm not sure if it's play growling or evil growling

If I put them in separate rooms for even 5 min they start whining to get to each other, and then whe I open the door they act as if they havent seen each other in years and the whole chasing game begins again

Will they eventually get tired of this and go to sleep or should I separate them?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
Archie and Kato (the crazy cocker spaniel I'm puppysitting) have been chasing each other around for almost 3 hours!

The thing is I think they're both tired and a bit grumpy cos they're getting a bit growly I'm paranoid and I've removed all of Archie's toys cos they were getting growly earlier, but I'm not sure if it's play growling or evil growling

If I put them in separate rooms for even 5 min they start whining to get to each other, and then whe I open the door they act as if they havent seen each other in years and the whole chasing game begins again

Will they eventually get tired of this and go to sleep or should I separate them?
Tuti at their age I doubt very much it is serious growling
..you can usually tell by the body language if it is serious or not... do they look serious with hackles raised all stiff and angry...
I would think they would be fine, and should play until tired ..but don't quote me just in case there is a million to one chance and they flatten each other
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:42 PM
sounds like your having fun tuti!!
unless they get too over the top, i'd leave them too it, they will soon crash out and sleep enjoy!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I am paranoid Mini lol.... Don't think it IS serious growling but you never know But you're right, body language says more 'let's play' than 'I'm gonna kill you' LOL

Well guess what... suddenly from one second to another, mid-chase, they both flopped and are now totally zonked

Aaaaaaahhh peace at last! But man am I glad I've only got one dog

edit: thanks gems we posted at the same time
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Tuti you have to take some photographs of them together. Will you pleeeeze?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:45 PM
yes Luz it's all on the agenda waiting for camera to charge
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Pics posted in photos section
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Sounds like your having far too much fun too me tuti!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Sounds wonderful!
As you may guess, I am in love with Archie anyway! I think they are a wonderful breed!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:48 PM
LOL jake well getting home on the bus was interesting but I wouldn't call it fun!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >