Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Oh no Kazz, I am sorry to hear that, I hope she can recover
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 05:15 PM
So sorry to hear your news. Hope she will be OK. Take care. Kelly had someone ring about books and they are coming tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Hope they give you a great price Brenda
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Will have to go with my instict.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Oh Kazz. So sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope she pulls through and it doesn't do too much damage.

So distressing for all concerned xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Kazz - Sorry to read about your Mums sister, bit of a worry for all of you. Hope she pulls through.

Griff - Neighbours can be a pain remember the old git who was next dooor to us when we moved here. Like you say who buys a house without looking at (and remembering) the plot and all the access rights and the fiasco at Steves place, had to smile when you said it was the lowly painter who came up with the most intelligent solution

Sue - Do know what varities of Strawberry you've got, I had three types but somehow all the labels have got mixed up or lost I think there was Honeoye (Early) Symphany (Late) and something else. It doesn't really matter what the varities are 'cos in this house when we see a Strawberry that looks ripe we just pick it, the birds are often quicker than we are 'tho

The dogs Trust at Snetterton have put the lovely Labrador up on their site but still not 'assesed' so they are saying nothing about him except his nameis 'Stanley'. They want all interested parties to submit a questionnaire by 4pm tomorrow. I think they will have lots of applicants so it's a lottery (In effect)

I found out that the Newfie club we belong to also work closely with the other two clubs (Yes would you believe there are three Newfoundland clubs in UK) so there might be a dog close to us. Will have to wait and see what they have.

Found out today at the pharmacy where I was buying some multi-vitamins that there is a Pnemonia vaccine just like the flu vaccine so if anyone has had it, or knows about it, do please say, I finish my second lot of A/Bs tomorrow. Have been good today but Sunday felt really bad
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 09:09 PM
The pneumonia jab has been around a while.

The last I read about it was that some doctors have withdrawn it because there is a question mark over its effectiveness.

Whether that's the real reason or cost - who knows?

It's one I really ought to have, but for many it makes them ill for a couple of weeks so I'm not sure.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Harvey, when I had had my first session of chemo in hospital and was sent home, I developed what I thought was a bad chest infection...turns out it was double pneumonia, as soon as it cleared I was given the flu jab and the pneumonia jab, it lasts for 10 years apparently ( the pneumonia one) you shouldn't need to pay, ask at your doctor's and they should give it to you...I didn't ask, the Dr sent me round to the nurse and just told her to give me the lot lol. I was worried as I am not allowed any "live" vaccine but they assured me it was safe for me, I can't have yellow fever jabs so no adventurous holiday for me then!
Chris, I was absolutely fine after my jab...I am always fine after the flu jab too... except a sore arm for a day or so
To be fair, the actual tradesmen have all been lovely, they have been really good with Molly, one even let her into the back garden bless him, the actual company are dreadful, the foreman is useless and I don't understand how they get the contracts...I guess it's the lowest quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Don't want to put you off but I got bitten by a dog called Stanley. The owner who I was helping said oh yes he does that to my daughter. They hadn't told me that. Ah well isn't the first time. Have sorted some of my books so just hope they want them. Just watched Ghosts. Found it funny. My sense of humour. Night all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, when I had had my first session of chemo in hospital and was sent home, I developed what I thought was a bad chest infection...turns out it was double pneumonia, as soon as it cleared I was given the flu jab and the pneumonia jab, it lasts for 10 years apparently ( the pneumonia one) you shouldn't need to pay, ask at your doctor's and they should give it to you...I didn't ask, the Dr sent me round to the nurse and just told her to give me the lot lol. I was worried as I am not allowed any "live" vaccine but they assured me it was safe for me, I can't have yellow fever jabs so no adventurous holiday for me then!
Chris, I was absolutely fine after my jab...I am always fine after the flu jab too... except a sore arm for a day or so
Thank you so much for that Griffy I didn't know there was a double pneumonia as well. Don't know what version I had but at times it felt like triple pneumonia

Have just taken the last of the A/B's (The second lot) and am feeling OK 'tho I'm stil not 100% I have to go by the surgery today so will pop in and ask them what they know.

Regarding adventurous holidays I have to say that many of them are hugely over rated. Tree Tops in Kenya (Where princess Elizabeth was when she became Queen) is tiny, rooms like big packing crates, no animals in sight during the day and 'herded' around at dusk (from an enclosure out of site of the punters) to a small pool to 'simulate' the old stories about when elephants drink. I wasn't paying for my stay (Too long a story) but if I had been I would have demanded my money back

Same applies to many of the Asian countries, Thailand is particularly bad, you only need to look at the statistics, female mug punters are lucky to come back unmolested by someone or worse, the male variety usually come back with VD

So don't loose any sleep about not being able to have the yellow fever jab.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >