Female 

16-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Vet Charges

Tonight on ITV1 at 8pm - Pets Undercover, investigates Vet Charges
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I'll be watching with interest. I was charged £50 for anti-bacterial pills last week, along with an additional £30 for the consultation. All the vet did was shave the area around the hot spot and the consultation took only several minutes. £80 for less than 5 minutes. I was fuming, but what in the heck can you do?
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Think it is also to do with tests carried out that aren't really necessary, owner being 'talked into' them
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah ive found out that the price for the medication is quite reasonable but its the consultation fee that you pay thro the mouth for. I really dont agree with £30 for something simple, especially when the vet is with them for less than 10min.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I took my two pups in for their second vacc on Weds. I said to the Vet (not my usual - he was off that day) that I wasn't sure that Frankie should have his vacc as he'd been sick before breakfast and his poop was a little icky. She said "oh right, won't do it today then". She did the usual stuff with Phoebe and gave her her vacc. Then she looked at Frankie and said "he's a little quiet, we'd best have a look at him" - I said he was fine that he'd been playing but handed him over. She stuck the thermometer up his rear, said his temperature was normal and to book him in for Saturday. After booking the appointment, the Nurse asked for £15. I asked why, as I'd paid for the vaccs up front. She went to the Vet and the Vet said it was because she had "examined" Frankie £15 to stick a thermometer up a dogs rear. That's what you call easy money. I wasn't at all happy but let it go! (apparently she'd kindly only charged a half consultation fee - whoopeedoooo!!!)
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I took Lula to the vet to have a look at her spey scar as it was looking a bit inflammed. He checked her out and we had a chat. The cost - £0. He doesn't charge for having a look. I wish all vets were the same.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I took my two pups in for their second vacc on Weds. I said to the Vet (not my usual - he was off that day) that I wasn't sure that Frankie should have his vacc as he'd been sick before breakfast and his poop was a little icky. She said "oh right, won't do it today then". She did the usual stuff with Phoebe and gave her her vacc. Then she looked at Frankie and said "he's a little quiet, we'd best have a look at him" - I said he was fine that he'd been playing but handed him over. She stuck the thermometer up his rear, said his temperature was normal and to book him in for Saturday. After booking the appointment, the Nurse asked for £15. I asked why, as I'd paid for the vaccs up front. She went to the Vet and the Vet said it was because she had "examined" Frankie £15 to stick a thermometer up a dogs rear. That's what you call easy money. I wasn't at all happy but let it go! (apparently she'd kindly only charged a half consultation fee - whoopeedoooo!!!)

OMG i cant believe that. Thats terrible, i would have said something. Especially when you know that there just a little off. Nothing a few days wont cure.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I took Lula to the vet to have a look at her spey scar as it was looking a bit inflammed. He checked her out and we had a chat. The cost - £0. He doesn't charge for having a look. I wish all vets were the same.
Fantastic, what vets are you at? I know First Vets dont do that
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hmmm interesting program. Its funny how the average cost was around £25. I mean it may not sound a lot, but if your dog goes off its food quite a lot. Then that money is goiing to add up.

Oh and how on earth did that guy get reinstated as a vet. He caused suffering on those poor animals, and intentially bandaged their legs up really tightly. What an A**E, i really cant believe that. Just shows you, when they are at uni they go to be a vet to help the aminals, but the money soon takes over. Its a huge shame. It really is
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:42 PM
i missed it, but will try to catch in online. I am also wary of the consultation fee - £30 just to walk in the door, it must put people off especially in the current climate....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >