Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
I must admit, i feel a bit dense not having thought of the back straight away, it was so run down i hadn't considered doing it up. If i add a table and a few chairs it'll look ok now!
Well, to be fair, you were thinking from an exercise point of view and as far as that goes, your first thoughts re the parks etc are far more important.

You never know though, now you've got it all fenced off, you (and hopefully soon new addition) will be able to enjoy a bit of sunshine out there together.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
I must admit, i feel a bit dense not having thought of the back straight away, it was so run down i hadn't considered doing it up. If i add a table and a few chairs it'll look ok now!
Hun, don't feel dense. You are still grieving too for loss of Jake, no-one would be thinking completely straight *hugs*
I'm glad you asked the original question and that everyone's input has been some help to you.

I'm looking forward to the pics of Flora
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Keeping everything crossed for you, and if the rescues are willing to look past a blanket policy, then I'm sure a lovely staffie pup would benefit from all the love you clearly have to offer!

You really do sound like a lovely man, Jake was clearly a very very lucky boy. My heart goes out to you and I hope you have another staffie to love again soon xxxxxx
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:51 PM
What area are you in I am a SBT breed club sec, I may be able to help
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:58 PM
hi mike sorry for your loss ,im so sorry to read that the rescues would not rehome to you ,which i think is , not right ,i can see they like people ,with a garden , and i understand why ,but to have field/ park ,close at hand ,and the rescues are full ,how very sad ,for all the dogs in rescue ,it just dosnt make sence ,have you checked out the private homeing ,as they would be more likely to look at the hole picture ,very sad i do hope you ,get sorted with a new friend soon . it just dosnt make sence .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 06:54 AM
You keep at 'em, Mike. You're one of the people they should be grabbing with both hands, TBH. Hope you get the girl you want xxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Well done Mike, fencing in the garden can only strengthen your case. If they turn you down now they will be crazy.

Heidi
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
What area are you in I am a SBT breed club sec, I may be able to help
Thats a lovely offer x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Fingers crossed that a new staff will soon have a new owner They'll be daft to let you go!!
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Sadly its not too be! i phoned today and lots of people have put thier names down for her! i'm very happy for her but a little disappointed. I think i am going to try and adopt another elderly staffy, so few people want them and i know the have so much to give! The big drawbacks are obviosuly the vets bills and the heartache but i think it will be worth it.

I have lots of great info from you guys so i will keep looking this week and i'm sure it will not be long before i have a new edition. On the jake front, i thought i was doing well until today when someone said "We should have you put down" after i coughed. I had to run out of the room so as not to make a complete **** of myself crying but i think my poor workmate felt mortified that they had said it!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »