View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 10:42 AM
sounds like you will be spoilt for choice.

Using the retrieve one that I like which always makes people go 'awww' is the 'fetch a hanky' routine. You sneeze and Cosmo goes and fetches you a hanky (it can either be tucked in your pocket for him to pull out, or you could set up a box of tissues somewhere for him to go and fetch one from).

You can finish it off with you saying thank you and him giving you a bow.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
sounds like you will be spoilt for choice.

Using the retrieve one that I like which always makes people go 'awww' is the 'fetch a hanky' routine. You sneeze and Cosmo goes and fetches you a hanky (it can either be tucked in your pocket for him to pull out, or you could set up a box of tissues somewhere for him to go and fetch one from).

You can finish it off with you saying thank you and him giving you a bow.
You know...I started by saying I haven't taught him tricks...and now I think on we have done that one...just briefly, needs reinforcing, but we did it as it's in the Little Book of Clicker Tricks and I used ideas in there to practise with the clicker d'oh....
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 06:18 PM
You have loads of good ideas
When I am stuck I go to these you tube people - they have amazing 'how too's' I am always working on something from them
http://www.youtube.com/user/zsianz1
http://www.youtube.com/user/kikopup
http://www.youtube.com/user/kikopup

Ben Just got the cross paws one - although it isnt a grand scale trick

Or praying is always a fave and easy - lure up both paws onto your arm then feed between their paws

(not easy to take the foto with the dog on your arm)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 06:24 PM
awwwwwww look at him!!! Just lovely. I will definitely have a look at those links, thank you
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 06:38 PM
loving this thread lol.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry--busy day.

If you get your son to crouch on the floor and entice the dog to jump over with a titbit (click if is clcikered).Then add a word, then get your son to say the word while you are still standing close.Gradulaly move away. Then make the 'jump' higher and repeat sequence. Eventually he will be able to bend his shoulders and the dog will jump him----mind his face though!

If you can get the dog to lie down after he has jumped your son could jump him (carefully)---then the dog could jump again.

rune
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Sorry--busy day.

If you get your son to crouch on the floor and entice the dog to jump over with a titbit (click if is clcikered).Then add a word, then get your son to say the word while you are still standing close.Gradulaly move away. Then make the 'jump' higher and repeat sequence. Eventually he will be able to bend his shoulders and the dog will jump him----mind his face though!

If you can get the dog to lie down after he has jumped your son could jump him (carefully)---then the dog could jump again.

rune
Oooooooo there's a plan..............could end in disaster..but there's a plan!!!!!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I think you should just take a white duvet......not many others will be able to re enact an advert
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
I think you should just take a white duvet......not many others will be able to re enact an advert
You know what....there are a LOT of very yuk puddles outside that arena,now that could work!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Okay....training session one (in teaching my muppet to jump over my son.....!!!!)
Got my son to lie down in the front room (it is FAR too wet to do it outside), got Cosmo to jump over him...click reward. Cosmo thought it was great and my son didn't stop laughing!
Got my son to go a little higher and Cosmo tried to avoid and jump over his legs, so I stood at his legs (the head way was blocked by a chair) and over he went....practised a few times, had Cosmo in a sit (as he does at agility) then I pointed and gave his usual release...

I then got Cosmo in a down and had my son jumping over him. My son is keen to jump over him when he is standing up...but methinks that is not a good idea!!!!!

So far so good. I will definitely need to do it outside once my son is standing and bending down though as we will not have enough room for Cosmo to have a run at it.

Much hilarity this evening and a very happy son and dog.

Mind you poor Tango was outside the room and not happy and absolutely insisted it was her turn for clicker work when we came out (she made it VERY clear).
My girly can now do a left spin and go through my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of her!!!!! (We have obviously been practising more than just tonight though...) I think a lightbulb has reignited in her head, it's lovely!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >