Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Which is exactly why I said 'allegedly' - simples really
So you'd be happy if I said the Greytexploits website is allegedly full of lies, exagerations and untruths?

I feel you're out of order on this account, say I had been considering buying a pup reared by Graham and decided not to because he has allegedly been prosectuted for poor animal husbandry. Not on!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
PETA's campaign has no relevance to commercial greyhound racing. They do not campaign against it and do not over breed and destroy dogs in their thousands.

Where's the relevance?
The fact that dogs are pts by an organisation that you support in exactly the same way that some greyhounds are pts certainly holds some relevance in my view.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Sure you're not making money out of the hits to that website? Everyone on this thread knows to view the above website to see your side of the story!
Please don't judge me by your own standards - I do not gain financially from the campaign - in fact it costs me.

I am merely supplying GOOD FACTUAL EVIDENCE to add weight to my argument...........something which is sadly but not surprisingly in short supply from the pro racing racing lobby on this thread.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its my understanding a special clause in the AWA will cover racing greyhounds, due around April time I think. Did you put forward your recommendations at the time they were asked for?
You have been fed false information and yes, I along with another 12,000 other respondents to the consultation were ignored by the government.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Please don't judge me by your own standards - I do not gain financially from the campaign - in fact it costs me.
Pardon! How do I gain financially by running greyhounds? The money goes one way...out!!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Do the Greyhound industry pretend to be angels? Do they then kill dogs for no reason, I could give you a list of why I don't like PeTA.?
Oh right so because the industry says its what they do (actually they do try do deny it but hey ho) its fine for them to do? Sorry but what are the reasons they kill dogs then? Because they are no longer useful, cant find homes for them, cant be bothered to take them home themselves? That makes it ok in your eyes?

No they don't but I was answering this.?
But it doesn’t answer it does it?

Of course some people have to give up their dogs for various reasons but most do not buy them or breed them knowing damn well they will be put into recue at pretty much best – do they? Certainly most have not used them to make money and put them into rescue when they get too old to do so, or maybe in your vast experience most pet owners do?

You should work in the media

I said this,

notice main argument did I tell you to stop using it, God someone needs to learn to read things properly.?
Arh again back to the unable to be educated argument of yours – im now illiterate because I disagree with you – whatever what is your degree in?

So the cruelty is not the main concern of yours then?

Would you rather them dogs live out there lives in kennels? I think that if a dog had a chance at a home where it can live in a home, and get more attention (and I'm talking from places with loads of Greyhounds) as there will be less other dogs who need looking after surely this is better for them??
So again it’s the rescues that have to pick up the pieces! Loads of greyhounds – surely as you keep saying there are very few greyhounds in rescue as apparently they all get taken home?

What do you mean places with loads of greyhounds and less other dogs needing homes? Every rescue around the country is full of dogs needing homes all that the industry does is add to that number! There is not a rescue in the country right now that does not have lots of dogs needing homes of all sorts of breeds and x breeds – I thought you helped out in staffy rescue!

Because just because no one wants them there its not so easy to get rid of them.
Certainly isn’t if people turn a blind eye or accept that it goes on!

I can tell you now that if I see anything that is anything to do with cruelty I would not sit back and do nothing, I would do all in my power to act on it. And I would more then likely find the same sort of things as you do as cruel.?
I think this thread probably proves that not to be the case.

You didn't see the play on the word 'tail' then, but like I admit that there is things in the industry that should not be there, do you admit that there is people involved in the industry that really do care for their dogs and love and care for them as people love their pets?
I think you’ll find ‘if you read properly’ I already have! But of course its only us anti’s that cant read isn’t it.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

You have been fed false information and yes, I along with another 12,000 other respondents to the consultation were ignored by the government.
How were you and 12,000 others ignored?

You were ignored by a government that you believe will abolish greyhound racing? What a joke!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

So why do they all need to have something that makes them identible then, and why do they have so much paper work etc. All that the animal laws, and five freedoms just disapear when it comes to a Greyhound.

P.s. I haven't looked at the links, my computer is fragile enough without going through so many links
The paperwork and the tattoos are all to do with the gambling. The bookmakers have to be assured no cheating goes on and they can be sure the right dog is given the correct odds for gambling purposes - nothing to do with welfare.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
The dogs used for research and dissection in this particular instance, were for studies into racing injuries - nothing at all to do with companion animals.

With the same results, vets /owners being more informed as to course and treatment!!

Regardless - whenever possible I use complimentary therapies to treat the dogs in my care and never use a vet with unethical standards.

Oh right, what would they be then!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Do I say that I support everything
Lets see – you slate institutions that put dogs down but support the racing industry that also does but because they say its perfectly acceptable that fine by you. You abhor the way Spain treats its animals yet support an industry that ships dogs there as well as the Philippines . You slate (well you didnt slate them just used it to justify you beloved industry doing it) puppy farmers and those that over breed yet support an industry that does it and you have never addressed that as seeing it as a problem. You reckon you don’t ‘like’ cruelty yet support an industry that it goes on in.

You attend races, you support it simples as!
Page 108 of 157 « First < 8 58 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 118 > Last »