Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Lost Izzy tonight.......

Just had a very harrowing time when we went for our usual evening excursion around the pitch and putt course about 8.15pm.

Issy is on a long lead as there are lots of bunnies there and we have only had her 10 days. We keep an eye on her and I can run after her and stand on the lead to stop her if she disappears in the wrong direction. She usually keeps with you though and if she runs into a bush after the bunnies she comes out again and rejoins you.

She ran away from us after some rabbits and then we lost her! Jamie and I split up and went looking for her and calling her. We will have hoarse throats tomorrow. I was panicking inside as I was going through the worst possible scenarios I could think of which were she's either got runover as there is a main road near the pitch and putt course but the course is fenced around with a small gate so we would ordinariliy have not let her near this gate until we had hold of her lead. The other possibility was that she had been found by someone and they had rung the number on her disc which was her previous owners and they would not have been too impressed I would think (and can't blame them)

Parker was pulling Jamie back towards the car but he thought it was because he was tired and wanted to go home.

I took Parker then and said to Jamie I would put him in the car as I thought he might have had enough walking round. When we approached the main road to cross over to the car park I spotted a trailing long line and was very relieved to find Izzy lying down at the end of it!

I felt like strangling her but gave her most of the cut-up sausages I had bought and Parker got the rest. I wonder if he knew where she was as that was the direction he was pulling in and I had asked him to "find Izzy". I tend not to think of him as very bright as we always compared his intellect (unfavourably!) with Cherry's.

Even though she hadn't come back to us she had waited where she knew we would have to pass by on our way back to the car and had the sense not to cross the main road by herself as she was about 30 feet away.

Phew-we were so grateful.

We won't be taking that walk for a long while as the rabbits are obviously too tempting for her. Parker is so different as he doesn;t even bother to chase them most of the time and you can call him back from chasing them and he will jsut stop dead and run fast back to you. Mm-there's a challenge to get Izzy that well-trained!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh, what a relief you got her back! Jake has done that to me a few times, but he always has either come back and found me, or gone home (thankfully I live right next to the park so it is pretty safe for him to go the short distance - although, I would never just let him do it!).

I think Parker knew where she was
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:51 PM
That must have been so scary. glad you got her back safe th though x x x
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 10:07 PM
God, you spend the whole time looking for them imagining the worst don't you?

Glad she found her way back and all are well and safe
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I would have been pooping myself! I am glad you found her safe and sound! Well done Parker fofr pointing you in the right direction!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, what a relief you got her back! Jake has done that to me a few times, but he always has either come back and found me, or gone home (thankfully I live right next to the park so it is pretty safe for him to go the short distance - although, I would never just let him do it!).

I think Parker knew where she was
Oh naughty Jake but at least he went home. Yep it was such a relief as I had already pictured myself on the phone to her previous owners to tell them she had been run over
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
That must have been so scary. glad you got her back safe th though x x x
Yes, I wouldn't have wanted to know what our blood pressure was when we were looking for her!

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
God, you spend the whole time looking for them imagining the worst don't you?

Glad she found her way back and all are well and safe
Thank you

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
I would have been pooping myself! I am glad you found her safe and sound! Well done Parker for pointing you in the right direction!!
Yes-Parker proved that he isn't really "nice but dim"!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Oh 'eck - my heart nearly hit the ground when I read the title of this thread...

...was I happy when I got to the end of the OP though!

[wipes brow with a sigh of relief]
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:44 AM
10 days with you and you still don't have a tag on her with the right details on!! My foster dogs don't leave with their new owners until they produce a tag engraved with correct details to put on the collar. Glad you got her back safely but I do hope you went straight off to get her a new identification tag.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2011, 09:02 AM
What a clever girl.

So pleased to hear she was found safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 11:03 AM
So pleased you found her or she let you find her.......Parker sounds like a lovely well trained and ery bright chap stopping when chasing a rabbit.............I class my Sal as bright but she would follow the rabbit............
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >