Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What insurance do THEY have if anything happens to YOUR dog?
This is what put me off initially when I was considering what to do with my lot when I was going abroad. I would have loved to have taken them but they wouldn't and couldn't have coped whilst the heat. And I found that I didn't really trust anyone other than close friends and certain relatives to look after my dogs at home.

I found a kennels that I was happy with. We had trial runs and visits beforehand, with instructions on walking and feeding left behind. You can do this with anyone - whether your dogs stay with them or they stay in your home.

So long as the relevant insurances are in place and the people you're employing are good with your dogs (and of course if your dogs are happy with them) I don't think you've anythign to worry about.

Your dogs, I'm sure, will consider it a holiday for them too.

I must admit - it seems strange to me to have people I don't know intimately, staying in my home. I'd rather (if it were me), they looked after the dogs all day, until about 1030-1100pm, let them out for a quick pee and put them to bed. Then come back first thing in the morning to walk them, give them breakfast etc. But that's just my own personal preference.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2