Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Sky HD - Anyone got it??

We're seriously toying with the idea of taking up Sky's £49 HD+ Box but can't make our minds up.

Anyone else got it and if so, what do you think of it??
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Fab because it gives you sky plus and anytime tv. The increased picture image is good for certain programmes such as sport and nature. I wouldn't get rid of mine and for that price a bargain!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I would go for it, we have had it since it first came out and while it wasnt brilliant value back then it is now. There is alot more channels now and more coming. The movies and sports are excellent and the documenterys on BBC HD are quality aswell. Add to that sky 1 programs being in HD it is well worth the £49

ETA, There will be a new program guide very soon and talks of video on demand
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Thats me sold then!! Me and the OH have been debating over that or the FreeSat thing but Sky Sports wins it for me!

Nice to know that its worthwhile from people who actually use it! I asked someone at work today and they said it wasn't worth the money so i asked them how long they had had it and they said they didn't, just that they heard it wasn't good value! Really helpful!
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Don't forget you also need to pay £30 fitting, unless you go for multiroom.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeh bit of a scam that, is there more to it than simply swapping the box over??
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Depends if you already have Sky+ then they just swap the box and put the card in, if you have ordinary sky they need to put a new quad LNB and run a second cable for the dual tuner, but as in most cases you have to pay the £30 then they should say it's £79 and of course the extra subscription £10 a month for your extra HD channels for your chosen package.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Just ordered my Sky HD - can't wait!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 11:04 PM
There's £100 cashback on sky+ HD at quidco at the moment!!!!!.... so it would pay for itself plus
http://www.quidco.com/sky/
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Depends if you already have Sky+ then they just swap the box and put the card in, if you have ordinary sky they need to put a new quad LNB and run a second cable for the dual tuner, but as in most cases you have to pay the £30 then they should say it's £79 and of course the extra subscription £10 a month for your extra HD channels for your chosen package.
That's interesting coz they didn't with us, I had to actually buy the HD box and yet we already had Sky+? Can't remember without looking it up how much it actually cost us but I think it was around £200 I'm sure of it?

I love it, but my o/h doesn't notice much difference and says there's not enough channels worth watching, but for me, I think it's brill!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >