View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Really lovely names and reasons. Scout is my favourite girls name after to kill and mockingbird
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Well I have a Tom , we inherited that one from the rescue but it does really suit him now

My second dog Bella had a race name of Lakers Florence , she was known in the kennels as Florrie , that didnt work for me ! Bella meaning beautiful in italian was just right for my black beauty !

If I had a third I think I would need to see the personality of the dog to help name it ! If it was another lurcher possibly Apollo meaning manly beauty and for a girly Alba , its gaelic and means scottish and I am scottish

For a grey

Male Alfie

Female Lara it means beautiful girl !
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I quite like animal names for dogs too.

Mouse, Bear, Rats etc
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Moxie of course!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:23 PM
My dogs are Kiri, Milo, Rowan, Guy and Gem and I'm quite happy with all of them - obviously! I think I like Rowan and Gem the best although all their names suit them. It was quite spooky when I was trying to think of a name for Guy - not a name I would normally have picked but it came to mind just before a colleague suggested it and then, every time I thought about it, the song 'My Guy' was on the radio. So that was it!

Kiri was named after a French cheese! We went on holiday to France and said we would pick her up afterwards. My sons were quite young then and took a liking to a cheese called 'Kiri Poche', a bit like Babybel.

I just liked Milo after a friend talked about her sister-in-law's dog called Milo.

I'm not keen on dogs named after 'things' or other animals but I guess I'm just old-fashioned!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I used to know a Boxer called ALF as in Alien Life Form it suited him so well
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Ozzie of course...
Depending on my next dog it will be a ''Q'',cujo.boris.lulu.
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
My favourite name is Kiba (translates to 'Fang')...it's so perfect for my boy and he really is turning out like the character he was named for
Might be going out on a limb here, but is he named after the character from Wolf's Rain? He really does look a lot like that character.

Anton's my first dog, and we didn't change his name after adopting him, but I like it - think it suits him. :3

Someday I'd like to have a dog called Judas, and if I ever do get a Rottie like I'm hoping to in the distant future, he's gonna have to be called Jager. Odd ones, I know.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I have a Kym who was already names when i got her - its from her racing name Coolagorna Kym. My lurcher was called Jill but my husband called her Bella, i love the name Juno which is what i would have called her. I like the name Willow as well
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Treacle!

As we've decided our next dog will be a rescue greyhound, I'm hardly likely to use it......
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >