Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DrIvEn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Phil (My Seeing Eye Dog in Training)

I am a puppy raiser and I am currently training Phil a lab/golden retriever mix. He is a year and a half and doing great in his training. I take him everywhere including: stores, the mall, resteraunts, movies... pretty much anywhere I go, he goes. That's the great thing about being a puppy raiser. You always get to have a dog around. He has to go back to the school for more training in two weeks. I'm pretty down about that. He's the most amazing dog I've ever known. I love him so much. It's going to be really hard letting him go. And it's going to be so weird going everywhere without him. I'm sure going to miss him. Anyways, here are some pictures of him. Enjoy. Phil when he was younger.
These Photographs are copyrighted by Greater Image Photography. Any distributers of these images will be persecuted by law. If you would like to simply save an image onto your computer please ask before you do so.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Beautiful pics. I know how hard it will be to let him go, but just think about the wonderful job he will go on to do.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
He is gorgeous :smt007
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
He's lovely, i'd be sad letting him go too, it's must be really hard, i'd have ran away with him by now! Not a job I could do I don't think.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I couldn't do it either so totally admire you for doing such a worth while job. I do donate puppies to Hearing Dogs but I just couldn't raise one then pass it on!
Becky
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
He is gorgeous Love his ears in the second pic Lol. Its a job I couldn't do either so you should be very proud. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Keep up the good work.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't part with him either.

Well done on your hard work with him, I wish him every success in his career as a seeing eye dog.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 10:02 PM
He's gorgeous! I wouldn't want to give him up either, but I'm sure he's going to make a fantastic guide dog
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

08-05-2007, 11:17 PM
He is beautiful - love the one with his ears flying up at each side Lovely pics

You are doing a very worthwhile job doing what you are doing. Guide dogs bring so much independence to the blind. I have a friend who has one and she would not be able to move around London without it.

Well done for being a puppy raiser
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey.
Your pup is beautiful.
Are you going to do it again?
I know it is hard to let them go (I am a 'puppy walker' for Guide Dogs in the UK) but he will be loved and treated really well and will probably relish every minute of his training. It's so hard when they leave you.
Hope ti all goes well and welcome to Dogsey.